1927 Dodge Victory Six

I have a 1927 Dodge Victory Six titled as a 4-dr sedan. I believe it is actually a 1928 model, I see there is much information available for Dodges up to 1927 but 1928 shop manuals, etc. seem hard to find. Can anyone give me a suggestion? I would like to have the information to enable me to restore this vehicle. Thanks

I JUST FOUND A 29 MANUAL ON EBAY GO TO EBAY MOTORS MANUALS AND LITERATURE AND PUNCH IN DODGE BROTHERS.I THINK I JUST RECENTLY SAW ONE.TRY TO CHECK IT DAILY AS THEY COME AND GO HANK

Romar sells a repro (actually photocopy) of the owners manual for this as well as the parts book. There was no service manual so you work from generic manuals of the era, not really that difficult. You are right, the cars were 1928 until July 1, 1928 when they became 1929s. They were built from Nov 1927 to the end of 1928. That 1929 manual is for the next model, the DA. Similar but enough differences to confuse you. Note your serial number and always refer to it when buying parts or seeking advice as they made some significant changes in these cars over the year and you can get in a jam with the wrong parts. See www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com for parts availability. The club buys in batches from this guy, see his ad in the magazine. The Victory is a great car, fast and safe. Go for it.

Thank you for the info, it has already helped a lot . This car has a number on right toe plate M52758 is this the # used when ordering parts etc. thanks ,Ray

I'm the supposed Tech Advisor for the Victory so please contact me for more details if you ever need them. I am not wanting to put my name/address here for every junk mailer to see, so join the club and look on P 2 of any issue of magazine for my info.

• 8 years later...
Guest OFD212
Thank you for the info' date=' it has already helped a lot . This car has a number on right toe plate M52758 is this the # used when ordering parts etc. thanks ,Ray[/quote']

Ray: Your Victory Six is the 1929 series. Which was produced between July 1 1928 and Aug. 6 1928. After July 1 1928 they started calling then the 1929 series which is any Victory Six Serial number between M-51,930 to M-87,759.

JB ed is being way too much modest. He put together a one volume searchable indexed CD on the Victory 6. Try the store site on the DB Club site. Recall only $ 10 +/-. It is a must have; less than 3 gallons of gas for most cities!

Paul Bohlig

Dallas, TX area

• 7 years later...