Last Days of My 1988

ReattaTS

My 1988 White Reatta will be taking her last trip on the back of a flat bed by the end of this month. I need the room here at my house since Im going off to college and I will be selling her to a junkyard. Hopefully she will still be able to help other Reatta owners get the parts they need. I have had her sitting here in my driveway for the past year and a half and its time to send her away. Please let me know if any of you would be interested in either some last minute parts or even buying her as a parts car for more than what the junkyard will probably give me. Its white with burghandy interior and I live in West Michigan on the lakeshore. Thanks everyone!

The entire front end was smashed from the right side of the car. There is no front bumper anymore and the hood is also gone. All light assemblies were obliterated. I have to do some calling to make sure if someone who wants to buy the whole car still wants it or not. I will get back to you all on individual parts. Keep looking at this post and I will keep you updated.

See the attachment for Twilight sensor location. If you are taking the windshield out, wait until after, shouldn't be very hard. If not you'll probably crack the dash panel getting to it, You might be able to get to it through the dash with the radio removed. I guess whatever is left over gets crushed anyway.

Hey Dave, I think I got the wrong piece for you. The one we talked about was more in the center of the dash, and more toward the windshield. Between and under the two small grills. I'll go back next week for the other one. Paul.

Somewhere on the net I remember seeing a pic of the dash with the pad and defroster grill removed, unfortunately I can't remember where. Maybe one of our resident experts could confirm exact location. With the pad and grill gone it looked like it was where my pic says it is, but that doesn't mean I have it right. I can't think of much else that would be in that area. Where ever it is their should be a light sensitive led in the top of it. I'm told for a couple bucks you can get the led from Radio Shack, but the replaceing it in the assembly is supposed to be a bear, much easier to replace the entire unit.

Aeghhh, Mr Scanner of anything that will fit on the scanner bed. Here is what the Illustrations of the P&I says about it. Sorry about the confusion, it's not a twilight sensor, it's a Sun Load Sensor. The attached file is what the General has about it. I had to mess with it a little to get it under 100k.

I have begun pulling out many things from within the car and will be attempting to pull out this module very soon. If you can wait a little bit I will try to get to is as soon as I can. Thank you for all your help and direction in telling me how to remove it properly.