2005 National Meet

From what Bill said in his commentary in a recent Bugle, 2005 is still open for bids. We're hosting the 2004 down here in Dallas/Plano.

I'd still like to see a 2005 meet basically west of I-35 and/or the Rocky Mountains, with all due respects to our eastern USA people. I suspect that much of what happens after 2004 might be determined as to whether or not the National Meet Coordinator deals are put in place. I'll stop there . . .

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Thanks for the clarification on what YEAR the national was in Plano/ greater Dallas. My sister and brother both live in Plano. My wife and I are in Iowa and to tell you the truth, there is nothing exciting about greater Dallas as an excuse to come visit. I like my relatives but in the summer Dallas is hot and dry. Thanks for the information.

Bryan

One reason we will have the meet in JUNE in 2004 is to get the meet done before the currently hot July time frame. As with the prior meet we did in Plano in 1996, we will have air conditioned shuttles running a circuit between the hotels and the Plano Centre (where the a/c seemed to be set on "freeze" last time!). The trees on the show field and swap meet areas have grown too. In short, there's plenty of a/c to go around at the Plano Centre area if you need to take a break as the outside areas are only a short stroll from the building. Many of the people who came to our 1996 event in July commened that the heat was not that big of a consideration as they went from an air conditioned hotel to an air conditioned shuttle which dropped them off only a few feet from the air conditioned Plano Centre.

Plano itself might not be that "exciting" (other than a restaurant for every orientation), but Downtown/West End and the Fair Park areas have some really neat and significant attractions (hence our tours to these areas and others). Please check the registration form in The Bugle for more information on those activities.

Whether or not you tell your relatives you're coming down for the 2004 BCA National Meet in Plano is your business, but please do consider coming down anyway! We feel we did a great meet last time and are working to make the 2004 meet even better.

See y'all down here in 2004!

NTX5467

I enjoyed the meet in Plano ,and thought it was a great place for the show. Heat usually bothers me ,as I am built like a Polar bear ( lots of insulation) ,but as stated, there is enough AC that you can stay comfortable.

PS I already have my hotel reservations and am waiting for the wife to decide which tours she wants to go on to send in my registration