For Sale: 1964 FORD THUNDERBIRD 2dr Hardtop, 60K miles - $7,500 - Morton, PA (Philadelphia) - Not Mine

For Sale: 1964 FORD THUNDERBIRD 2dr Hardtop, 60K miles - $7,500 - Morton, PA (Philadelphia)

1964 FORD THUNDERBIRD for sale by owner - Morton, PA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1964 FORD THUNDERBIRD 390 AUTO, P/S, P/B. P/SEAT, P/LOCKS. EVERYTHING WORKS. ORIGINAL BLACK CAR, KELSEY HAYES WHEELS. RUNS EXCELLENT, BODY SOLID. HATE TO SELL TOO MANY CARS. REASONBLY PRICED @ 7,500 B/O. 
Copy and paste in your email: 21f407f29f603361ace1e7920befade4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 FORD THUNDERBIRD 2dr Hardtop.

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA a.jpg

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA b.jpg

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA c.jpg

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA d.jpg

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA e.jpg

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA f.jpg

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA g.jpg

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA h.jpg

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA i.jpg

'64 FORD THUNDERBIRD PA j.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

Black on black is cool.  Patina is ok with me.  But the undercarriage can't be rotted.

A.J.

This Thunderbird has the optional leather seating surfaces ($106 option) which oddly enough didn't hold up as well as the standard vinyl typically does in these 1960's Thunderbirds.  Of course, probably the leather was never treated with conditioner since it was new. 

Yes, unibody Thunderbirds have to be approached with an eye toward substructure rust damage same as their Wixom, MI assembly line mates, the 'suicide-slab, JFK-Camelot' Lincoln Continentals.

Steve 

I like these, the cockpit/aviation styled cabin with lowbacks has a great look that captures the era.  I think they made 10 million of these and at any given time half a million are for sale, so.........  No reason to not be picky.  Hold out for a great rust free car that runs well and has a nice interior.  They are plentiful and you can find one for under 10K.  There are enough of them to even hold tight for the specific color you want.