The Auction of the World's Most Expensive Ferrari

Dave Wells

I must have been asleep at the switch - I missed this one.

Auctioned Ferrari 250 GTO.

During the private auction in New York, this Ferrari 250 GTO sold for a staggering $51.7 million. This makes it the highest-priced car from the Italian brand ever sold. In fact, it became the second most expensive vehicle ever sold at auction, trailing behind the 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupé, which fetched $141 million.

Edited by Dave Wells (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terry Bond said:

Who cares? I'd rather see a post about the cheapest cars sold. Much more interesting to this crowd I believe.

Here you go...Enjoy!

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/moses-lake-hillman-convertible/7787808906.html

Old Hillman convertible. Not running, lost title. Come get it before it goes to the crusher.

00h0h_efMIKvaWGzY_0CI0ou_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_gVnoWpywQ5u_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_4n2MDTfYFLc_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow. You could probably buy 10,000 project cars for the price of one Ferrari! I tried something like that once, but the wife put an end to it while I was still in the single digits. A guy can dream, though.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lee H said:

Wow. You could probably buy 10,000 project cars for the price of one Ferrari! I tried something like that once, but the wife put an end to it while I was still in the single digits. A guy can dream, though.

How close to $9.00 did you get?

• Haha 2