1922 Ford Model T Touring - $9,500

Certainly not "original" but it sure looks like fun! 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/el-granada-1922-ford-model-touring/7790180624.html

New paint, upholstery, wiring, wheels, tires, metal fenders, skirts and hood. I had the engine, transmission and differential completely reworked by a profession model T mechanic, and it has a new exhaust, 6V starter, generator and distributor. The radiator was also just re-cored last month and is better than new.

I restored this car from the frame up myself. I tried to keep it as close as possible to original while upgrading some things to more modern, safer parts. If you are looking for a museum level original car, this is not the one for you, but if you are looking for a good looking, dependable and a fun daily driver, I hope you might consider this one. Asking $9,500.00. more photos are available on request  Clean California title registered to September 2025

email:   d1871d71849d33709b717fdba3b1c3ec@sale.craigslist.org

00h0h_7YUDE7itktw_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00505_gvnNHkLkQhx_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00P0P_d9t2oDJl7c1_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00I0I_hY0nFb69cxw_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00j0j_if4WRwEoW9i_0t20CI_600x450.jpg1922 Ford Model T Touring 1

He tried to keep it as close to original as possible?  Looks like he missed the mark.  Only the fenders, running boards, and seats are correct color or finish.   Top looks like an earlier style.  They only came in black, wheels should be black not natural, radiator shell and headlamps should be black, and body, of course, should all be black.  That being said, it looks quite nicely done.   And it's priced fairly.  

Something really funky about that radiator shell? And a few things can't decide whether the car is a 1922 or 1923 (unless it is a Canadian car, the windshield is straight up and down earlier style for 1922).

The MTFCA is pretty forgiving about serious correctness, or lack thereof? I am not quite a purist, but do prefer a better level of "era correctness". If someone wants a model T to play with and have fun? And are not concerned about being really correct? They could do worse.

• Like 1

Okay now! This car is a little bit special, apparently.

It has been advertised on the MTFCA site;

https://mtfca.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45308

Apparently this car has some history. Several of the oddities about it are due to the fact that it came from and may have been originally built in Argentina!

The discussion gets into it a little bit, however serious details may not be known. The discussion makes several observations, the body was likely built in Argentina, and has several differences from standard USA production. How much of the top and windshield is original to this car or how much of it has been changed over the years may not be known. 

It should also be noted that overseas built model Ts were often some color than "black". Whether the red is correct or not? I won't even guess.

• Like 2