For Sale: 1940 Ford Deluxe V8 4dr Station Wagon - $68,900 - Windham, NH - Not Mine

For Sale: 1940 Ford Deluxe V8 4dr Station Wagon - $68,900 - Windham, NH

1940 ford woody wagon for sale by owner - Windham, NH - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1940 ford woody has been fully restored. It retains 90% of its original wood.  Have all documentation also included is the original radio. Any other questions.
Contact: Please feel free to contact me. (603) 5-7-one-five-0-0-0.
Copy and paste in your email: adcda9fac73f3b6eacf71b9d2d96bf9d@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1940 Ford Deluxe V8 4dr Station Wagon.

'40 ford woody NH a.jpg

'40 ford woody NH b.jpg

'40 ford woody NH c.jpg

'40 ford woody NH d.jpg

'40 ford woody NH e.jpg

'40 ford woody NH f.jpg

'40 ford woody NH g.jpg

'40 ford woody NH h.jpg

'40 ford woody NH i.jpg

'40 ford woody NH j.jpg

'40 ford woody NH k.jpg

'40 ford woody NH l.jpg

'40 ford woody NH m.jpg

• Like 1

I like most everything about this Ford with the exception of the paint color.  The seller notes the it retains 90% of the original wood.  That's 75 85 year old wood!  I'm no woodie expert but it seems quite old to me...

Edited by deac (see edit history)

55 minutes ago, deac said:

I like most everything about this Ford with the exception of the paint color. 

I don't know if I'd still like it later on but for now it's one of those colors I can almost taste. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deac said:

I like most everything about this Ford with the exception of the paint color.  The seller notes the it retains 90% of the original wood.  That's 75 year old wood. I'm no woodie expert but it seems quite old to me.

Ford offered four shades of maroon in 1940, Coach Bright, Mandarin, Garnet and Claret. Not sure which one this is, as the color chart is rather faded.

If this wagon were mine, I'd try to find another way to install turn signals.

1940-ford-pg01.jpg?5883

I consulted my in-house mathematician and expert on everything (my granddaughter) who said,  "1940 was 84, soon to be 85 years ago, almost as old as Grandpa." 

Edited by Dave Wells (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dave Wells said:

Ford offered four shades of maroon in 1940, Coach Bright, Mandarin, Garnet and Claret. Not sure which one this is, as the color chart is rather faded.

If this wagon were mine, I'd try to find another way to install turn signals.

1940-ford-pg01.jpg?5883

I consulted my in-house mathematician and expert on everything (my granddaughter) who said,  "1940 was 84, soon to be 85 years ago, almost as old as Grandpa." 

Whether it is a factory color or not I don't care for it.  It seems to have a candy effect; like the color 'candy apple'.  Paint technology wasn't that far advanced in the 40's. But we all know pictures lie.  As for the age I think you get my meaning!

1 hour ago, deac said:

Whether it is a factory color or not I don't care for it.  It seems to have a candy effect; like the color 'candy apple'.  Paint technology wasn't that far advanced in the 40's. But we all know pictures lie.  As for the age I think you get my meaning!

I suspect that is a two-stage paint, never looks right on old cars.  A base coat-clear coat visually renders differently than a single-stage paint with which these cars were painted.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

I suspect that is a two-stage paint, never looks right on old cars.  A base coat-clear coat visually renders differently than a single-stage paint with which these cars were painted.

Nitrocellulose lacquer was beautiful. 

Edited by Shootey
Typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1