1948 Buick Super Estate Woodie Wagon - $65,100

Been for sale for a while...sure looks nice! (more pics and much more text in ad)

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/mission-viejo-1948-buick-super-estate/7771941285.html

Please contact at Dean at 949 305-4818 if you need more information about this incredible car or want to arrange an inspection.
The restoration that was commissioned by the current owner was a no expense undertaking. Everything was put back to original specification including the dynaflow fireball straight eight engine, drivetrain, paint, interior, wood and electrical. 100’s of pictures documenting the painstaking restoration come with the vehicle for your records and enjoyment. The original wood was restored by Wood n’ Carr and was treated to 25 coats of varnish to protect it for years to come. This gem runs, shifts, brakes flawlessly and has no rattles inside when you are cruising in her.

00H0H_kH6kPuYxsZi_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00h0h_1Pam2fbXn0C_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00v0v_b0xO0bv0hgN_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00t0t_gRwJ0XP0cXa_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00t0t_fzR7k31Ahgi_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00d0d_iwOgLB5I9O7_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_12izMonflgc_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, 60s GM Fan said:

Very pretty 48.  I almost considered this before I bought my 76S but I was afraid of what the wood would do in the hot dry climate of AZ.

Probably nothing. May very well be the best environment for a woodie. No humidity no wood movement. 

Nice looking car. Its a shame someone along the line could not have figured a better way to mount tailights in that car though.

Edited by TAKerry (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 60s GM Fan said:

Very pretty 48.  I almost considered this before I bought my 76S but I was afraid of what the wood would do in the hot dry climate of AZ.

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

Probably nothing. May very well be the best environment for a woodie. No humidity no wood movement. 

I probably wouldn't have worried about a wood bodied car from Southern California, as long as it wasn't a beach town. However, years ago we purchased a number of pieces of antique furniture directly from the British Isles. Our home climate was warm and dry opposed to damp and moderate. After a period of time, many pieces suffered cracks, separations and warped panels due to the change. From then on, we bought only pieces that had been "aged" in a dry climate and showed no damage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a beautiful 48! The blue painted engine kind of sticks out at you. On certain GM wagons in the early 50's the taillight housings will hinge automatically as the tailgate is opened or closed. Looking at the picture with the tailgate open I don't see that. I wonder if this 48 was built be before that came to be...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave Wells said:

I probably wouldn't have worried about a wood bodied car from Southern California, as long as it wasn't a beach town. However, years ago we purchased a number of pieces of antique furniture directly from the British Isles. Our home climate was warm and dry opposed to damp and moderate. After a period of time, many pieces suffered cracks, separations and warped panels due to the change. From then on, we bought only pieces that had been "aged" in a dry climate and showed no damage.

Exactly my fear.  I've had organic components fail just for sheer fact that the air out here is extremely dry.