For Sale: 1962 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass 2dr Coupe - $11,999 - Janesville, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1962 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass 2dr Coupe - $11,999 - Janesville, CA

1962 oldsmobile cutlass F-85 for sale by owner - Sacramento, CA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Have you ever seen one of these? This is not your normal classic.
We are selling our very rare 1962 Oldsmobile F85 cutlass. This car is in great shape for its age. Its 61 years old so it's not perfect, but a great and rare representation of the past. The speedometer shows 8456 miles, and I'm sure it went around. It has the all-aluminum 215 ci V8 engine and automatic transmission. The engine received a complete rebuild approximately 10K miles ago. The engine has been well maintained as you can see in the pictures. It also has an upgraded Edelbrock carburetor. The car drives great. The interior is very clean and original. A close eye will also notice this has the upgraded center console with split bench seats.
The exterior looks great but has some flaws. It was repainted at some point in its life the original color. The clear coat is fading in some spots and there is some flaking. Overall, though, its rust free and great looking.
This is a very rare car in amazing shape, but we need the room asap, so it has to go. It's priced for a quick sale. Asking $11999.00 OBO. Trades plus cash considered. Clean title in hand. Come take it for a spin. I'm located in Janesville Ca about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Reno.
Copy and paste in your email: 0b724f264fc633ec98af6c0a0efe3471@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass 2dr Coupe.

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA a.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA b.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA c.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA d.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA e.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA f.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA g.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA h.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA i.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA j.jpg

'62 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass CA k.jpg

I think these and the associated Buicks and Pontiacs are some of the most interesting 60's American cars! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Add in Corvair. It was a long time (if ever) before GM was ever again as adventurous as they were with the 'Vair and the BOPettes.

A lot of current vehicles owe their existence to these cars' innovation.

Yes! The next blast of innovation was the Vega and it's cousins, and although initially successful, there's a reason you never see a stock one today. 

What would be the innovation after that? Maybe Olds Diesel and Caddy 8-6-4? 

If GM had let the Oldsmobile engineers (who knew nothing about Diesels) collaborate with GM's own in-house Detroit Diesel division on the 350 Diesel's design, it would have been successful. But one of GM's consistent foibles has been failing to assign the right people to develop new technology.

Then when they finally get the kinks ironed out and the rough edges smoothed, they'll discontinue the product. They're stupid like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2