For Sale: 1952 Willys Aero Lark 2dr Sedan, 161 F-head 6-cyl, 3-speed w/OD, 93K miles - $6,700 - Dover Foxcroft, ME - Not Mine

For Sale: 1952 Willys Aero Lark 2dr Sedan, 161 F-head 6-cyl, 3-speed w/OD, 93K miles - $6,700 - Dover Foxcroft, ME

1952 Willys Aero for sale by owner - Dover Foxcroft, ME - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1952 Aero Lark by Willys. first year Willys made a passenger car after WWII. Fully rebuilt F-Head 161 cu in six, Pertronix electronic ignition, 3 speed manual with overdrive, new brake shoes, brake cylinders and new master-cylinder. New aluminum radiator. Electric wipers. New tires. Front floor pans had rust on both sides and was cut out and new steel welded in. Interior very passable. Vehicle has no rust/rot. New paint.  odometer: 93,406
Copy and paste in your email: d1a48c9e24ec3c2da14a16a1fa494765@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Willys Aero Lark 2dr Sedan.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 7,474 1952 Willys Aero Lark 2dr Sedans built.

'52 Willys Aero MA a.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MA b.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MA c.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MA d.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MA e.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MA f.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MA g.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MA j.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MA h.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MA i.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DrumBob said:

This looks like a real survivor. 

Kudos to the seller who saved this little sedan. From the looks of the rear bumper, deck lid and passenger side panels, it must have had some abuse over the years. Previous rust issues should be a cautionary note to inspect closely. This is nowhere near a restoration, but more of a budget refurbishment (note: quality of paint job and interior). Seller probably has every bit of his asking price into the car, but may be disappointed by potential buyer's offers.

• Like 2

1952 was the first year for the Aero. Depending upon the model, a flat head four or six or an f-head six was available. Overdrive was an almost always chosen option. The Aero uses a unit built body by Murray that managed to trap water in the wrong places so anyone interested in purchasing any year Aero should inspect the car closely for rust. Repairs to the body's core structure is not easy.

Body and trim bits are getting in short supply but most mechanical parts are easily sourced. 

This particular example sports headlight trim from a 54 Aero. It's also missing its rear bumper guards as well as trunk script. The interior was redone in non-original material and pattern but looks serviceable. The modern gauges cut into the dash aren't my cup of tea and in my opinion ruin the aesthetics. I guess the replacement carburetor necessitated the aftermarket air cleaner.

Keep that 161 in fresh oil and it'll run forever. I think this car would make a fun weekend cruiser that can be fixed up as you go...at a price perhaps some where closer to just north of half the asking price.

• Thanks 4

I have always thought that the Aeros were cute and I have thought about getting one, but can anyone tell me more about the engines?

4 hours ago, jimkf said:

Depending upon the model, a flat head four or six or an f-head six was available

If the four worked like in a Jeep wagon it was strictly flatland & city errands. 
So the six might be better but flathead or F head? Are there any differences in use?  Blown gaskets? Using oil? Cracking?  

22 hours ago, m-mman said:

I have always thought that the Aeros were cute and I have thought about getting one, but can anyone tell me more about the engines?

If the four worked like in a Jeep wagon it was strictly flatland & city errands. 
So the six might be better but flathead or F head? Are there any differences in use?  Blown gaskets? Using oil? Cracking?  

The f-head six was used in the Aero, Willys wagons and the Kaiser Darrin. It's older cousin, the L-head six was in essence the four cylinder engine with two more added on. All three versions are rugged and with the proper care see near 100K miles. Oil pumps do wear so when pressure drops, it's time to repair or replace them or risk bearing failure. Water pumps for the six cylinder cars are scarce and pricey but I've never replaced one due to leaks.

Overdrive is a must with these engines. They like staying at less than 3K rpms for longevity.

• Thanks 1