For Sale: 1965 Mercury Montclair Marauder 2dr Hardtop Fastback - $19,500 - Mustang, OK - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Mercury Montclair Marauder 2dr Hardtop Fastback - $19,500 - Mustang, OK

1965 Mercury Marauder 2-Door Hard Top Fastback for sale by owner - Mustang, OK - craigslist
Seller's Description:

For Sale by Private Owner.  Stunning 1965 Mercury Marauder 2-Door Hard Top Fastback - 78,450 ORIGINAL Miles.
- Restored, Unmodified with only 78,450 original miles.
- No Accident history with all original NO-RUST body panels.
- Remarkable original no rust, never damaged undercarriage.
** VERY RARE and EXCEPTIONAL Low production, Made in Canada, 1965 Mercury Marauder Montclair 2-Door Hard Top Fastback with original 352 FE/FT V8 Big Block.
** There are currently only four or five 1965 Marauder 2-Door Hard Top Fastbacks on the market in the USA and
Canada and this is the only one made in Canada with a 352 FE/FT V8 Big Block ** Vin # 163B65L774986

FOR SALE BY OWNER
- IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR WANT MORE PHOTOS, CALL ME AT THE # in the contact Seller info.
- Clean Title, located in Mustang, Oklahoma - 15 minutes from the OKC airport.
- Photos have not been enhanced and any color variations are due to the reflective quality of the Blue-Silver paint.

Original 352FE/FT Marauder V8 2-Bbl, 3-Speed Auto, 3:00:1 Differential.
- Excellent starting, strong smooth cool running engine, no smoke, no leaks, cross-country trip-ready condition.
- A truly excellent driving car, Steers, Shifts, and Brakes straight and true
- Smooth firm ride on its factory four-wheel coil spring suspension.
- Excellent paint, detailed engine bay, and remarkably clean undercarriage.

** The 352 FE big-block V8 is tough and durable and is at the smallest of the FE/FT big-block engines, which when bored and stroked up yielded the legendary Ford 427. **

WHAT MAKES THIS CANADIAN-MADE CAR UNIQUE AND LOW-PRODUCTION?
In 1965 only 9,645 2-door Hard Top Marauder Montclair Fastbacks were built for the North American market, of these less than 600 were built at the Oakville Ontario, Canada plant, all were equipped with the 352 FE/FT Marauder Big-block V8 and exclusively sold to the small Canadian market.

CAR HISTORY:
- Built the week of March 1st, 1965
Assembly Plant - Ford Motor Company of Canada, Oakville, Ontario
- 1965, Owner #1 purchased new at a Mercury Dealership in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada (owned 39yrs.).
- 2004, Owner #2 purchased and relocated the car to the Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada (owned 17yrs.).
- 2021, Owner #3 purchased and relocated the car to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (owned 2yrs.).
- October 2023, I purchased and imported the car into the USA (Oklahoma)

At 68,000 Miles:
- The powertrain (352 V8, 2Bbl, 3-Speed Auto, Driveshaft and 3:00:1Differential) were all rebuilt to OEM specs.
- Exhaust system replaced with new 2” Dual
- Wheel Bearings, Cups, Cones & Sleeves – all Replaced
At 71,000 Miles - The Interior upholstery was partially redone
At 73,000 Miles:
- The brake system was rebuilt - new drums, pads, cylinders, and booster
- New Monroe #58263 Shock Absorber and Coil Spring Assembly installed on the Front
- New Monroe #58510 Shock Absorber and Coil Spring Assembly installed on the Rear

THE CAR COMES WITH.
- Set of (2) OEM Rear Fender Skirts
- Set of (4) 18” 5-spoke Ford Alloy Wheels with NEW radial tires (less than about 3,000 miles on them)
- Set of (4) OEM 15” Steel Wheels with older Cooper white-wall radials (estimate 75-80% tread)
- (1) 15” Spare Steel Wheel (Red) with OEM white-wall radial tire (display only)
- Set of (5) OEM Full Wheel Hubcaps

EQUIPMENT:
Body Style: 63B – 2-Door Hardtop Fastback
352 FE/FT Marauder V8 2V
3-Speed Auto – rebuilt at 68,000 miles
3:00:1 Rear Differential - rebuilt at 68,000 miles
Color: W-Wimbledon and L-Silver Blue
Interior Upholstery and Trim - Blue and Light Blue Metallic Fabric and Vinyl –redone at 71,000 miles
Power Steering
Suspension – New front and Rear Shocks, Coil Springs and Bushings at 73,000 miles
Power Assisted Drum Brakes – rebuilt at 73,000 miles
2” Dual Exhaust – new at 68,0000 miles, conservative deep-tone DynoMax Performance Super Turbo mufflers
Wheel Skirts – OEM - in excellent condition, painted same as car
Dual Chrome Side Mirrors (Drivers-side is remote)
Speedometer and Odometer – work well
Deluxe OEM Steering Wheel
Horn – works
Intermittent Wipers – work
Dash Instrumentation, Ignition, and Gear Indicator Lights all work dimly
Gauges - Fuel, Alternator, Temperature - all work
Clock – does not work
E-Brake Light - works
AM Radio and Rear Speaker - works well
Dash – Original, Top/Pad has (3) small cracks – see photos
Window Seals and trim have some cracking and deterioration but are in excellent original 58-year-old condition
Lights - Hi/Low Headlights upgraded to Halogen, Park, Signals, Backup, License Plate, Trunk - all work
Trunk Pan is 100% solid and in exceptional condition
Spare Tire and Jack in good condition
Glass - all in excellent condition
Interior Lights: Dome, Dash Map, Rear Passenger, Glove Box - all work
Cigarette Lighter Plug - works
Windows – all roll up and down smoothly
"Flow-Through" ventilation controls both open and close as intended and works exceptionally well
Heater Fan – works on all settings
Bumpers and Chrome Trim – Original and in excellent condition
Grill and Head Light Bezels – Original and in excellent condition
Carpet is original, color fading in the driver's footwell, can be substantially improved with a dye touch-up.
Head Liner – in excellent like-new condition
Front and Rear Seat Belts
Please look at the photos and call me with your questions at the # posted with this listing.
Copy and paste in your email: 3053c7679042344c958267cda2094d21@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Mercury Montclair Marauder 2dr Hardtop Fastback.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 9,645 1965 Mercury Montclair Marauder 2dr Hardtop Fastbacks built.

'65 Mercury Marauder OK a.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK b.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK c.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK d.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK e.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK f.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK g.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK h.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK i.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK j.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK l.jpg

'65 Mercury Marauder OK k.jpg

Here is a car that has an owner who knows how to market it. Really good pictures and copious amounts of detail indicate a gearhead owner. I am not sure about the price, but it may be negotiable.

I am not a huge fan of the styling of this Maurader. I prefer the 1963 or 1964 models for styling, especially if they have the bucket seat interior. Still, it is a nice-looking car that does not look like has been abused. I would look at it if I was in the area.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My Gawd --- I don't have the attention span to get all the way through such a voluminous description. 

From the pictures, the silly wheels have to go as do the fender skirts. The rest of the package looks pretty good for a gussied-up Ford.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The 352 FE big-block V8 is tough and durable and is at the smallest of the FE/FT big-block engines

That would actually be the 330 and 332.

Something strange about the engine.  
It does have the unique Canadian air cleaner, BUT it seems to have the incorrect intake & valve covers.

1964 and earlier the oil filler is in the manifold and the valve covers are sealed.  For 1965 and later the intake is sealed and the oil filler is through the valve cover.  I have never known exactly why, perhaps due to changes to the PCV system……?

The smooth (no name) valve covers are typically found on 1960 Edsel (no name on the engine required) but perhaps in Canada between the Meteor and the Canadian Mercury and no need to meet USA PCV requirements they used the older parts?  I may need to research this. 

I would like to see the casting numbers on that intake.  

The 352 may have been a Canadian car only option. I have a book that lists the available engines for the 1965 Mercury and it only lists 200, 289, 390, 427 and 430 for American spec cars. The 352 was available for the 1965 Ford only. More interesting variations.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

Nice looking car, If going aftermarket wheels there has to be a better choice. This may not have been Grandma's car when new but thats what I think of. So many people take what was once a people mover for the family and try to make a hot rod out of it.

• Like 1