The Cars of the TV shows Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle, Batman, Car 54-Where Are You?, Perry Mason, Green Acres, Highway Patrol, M*A*S*H, Brady Bunch, That Girl, Happy Days & Twilight Zone.

• Dodge55Royal changed the title to The Cars of the TV shows Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle, USMC and Batman....
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2024 at 8:49 PM, Pfeil said:

Send Help: I Can't Stop Watching a Corny Old Show Because of the Cars | The  Truth About CarsI'm sorry Boss, we changed to Dodge. 

For those who didn't know, there are dozens of commercial-free episodes of Highway Patrol on YouTube that you can watch for free. Here's one to get you started in which our hero Dan Matthews drives a '59 Chevy....

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2024 at 5:36 AM, TAKerry said:

Now the question is.. What are those two cars?

Those are called "classic" cars.......you didn't know...?  All used cars are now called "classic" cars these days...

• Haha 1

• Dodge55Royal changed the title to The Cars of the TV shows Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle-USMC, Batman, Car 54, Where Are You?, Perry Mason, and Green Acres....
  • Dodge55Royal changed the title to The Cars of the TV shows Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle-USMC, Batman, Car 54, Where Are You?, Perry Mason, Green Acres and Highway Patrol....
  • Dodge55Royal changed the title to The Cars of the TV shows Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle-USMC, Batman, Car 54, Where Are You?, Perry Mason, Green Acres, Highway Patrol and M*A*S*H....
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Dodge55Royal changed the title to The Cars of the TV shows Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle-USMC, Batman, Car 54, Where Are You?, Perry Mason, Green Acres, Highway Patrol, M*A*S*H and The Brady Bunch....
  • Dodge55Royal changed the title to The Cars of the TV shows Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle-USMC, Batman, Car 54, Where Are You?, Perry Mason, Green Acres, Highway Patrol, M*A*S*H, The Brady Bunch, That Girl and Happy Days....
On 7/12/2024 at 9:43 PM, rocketraider said:

The carmakers knew the value of product placement. Supplying cars to a popular and successful show, or even sponsoring one as Chevrolet did with "Bonanza", was almost guaranteed to translate to sales.

Back then the tv show cars and the car commercials made you want to own the car being advertised. Or in my case as an elementary and junior high aged kid, to spend my allowance and odd-job money on a model car kit of it.

I can't remember the last car commercial that made me want to own the car being advertised. Had to have been sometime in the 1980s.

So true; some ads like you describe above do exist, but most of them today scream about how deep the discounts are off of the “self-created” MSRP’s or the monthly lease rate or God forbid, the love of dogs! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LARRYCAROL said:

I remember the cast of wagon train doing commercials for new Fords, but best was the 4 guys from Bonanza each showing one of the new Chevy models, impala, corvette, corvair, Chevy II . That was at intro of new model year. Anyone else remember that? 

Yep, I think those may have been posted within the last couple of years.

• Dodge55Royal changed the title to The Cars of the TV shows Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave It To Beaver, Adam-12, Gomer Pyle, Batman, Car 54-Where Are You?, Perry Mason, Green Acres, Highway Patrol, M*A*S*H, Brady Bunch, That Girl, Happy Days & Twilight Zone.