1928 Model A RPU $12,500

Here is a cool unrestored A pick up  - someone here should buy this because I shouldn't but keep thinking about it.  

https://www.dragoneclassic.com/inventory/p/1928-ford-model-a-roadster-pickup

A lot to like for $12 grand even assuming more sorting might be in order, for the person who would leave it as is.  Love the top, I do not believe it is original but suits the car so well.

IMG_6100.jpeg

• Like 4

It's kind of what I was looking for when I bought mine.  Of course it wasn't available then.  I like mine but fear it might be too nice to enjoy when i get done with it.   Problem with these is the distance in price between unrestored or old failing restorations that are really showing and really nice ones.  10 seems to be the minimum buy in and nicely done trucks are south of 20.   There is an AACA winner for sale on the end of MA all black for 18500 or was a few days ago. 

I just powder coated my rims black from the straw color (I couldn't stand) , ($500)  and bought new universal blackwall tires from coker   ($625) ,  Fortunately they used brand new tubes and rim strips when they mounted the old tires so I'll re use them. 

This would be nice to not have to worry about scuffs and scratches. 

• Like 1

Seeker the Universals should work out fine been happy with mine - they are close but not exact to Firestones. On wheels - I still need to do mine black.  Hate the John Deere yellow powder coat that the prior owner used.  I figured around $500.  

I can't imagine this one sticking around too long.

• Like 2

Probably not too long with the patina craze.

I couldn't justify the extra money for the firestones.

Can't wait to get the rims back form the powder coater as the tires showed up yesterday.    I think that will really finish it off nice. 

Finished the brakes up Friday.  First time my Mighty Vac Actually sort of seemed to work.   Still had the wife for a pedal pumper to finish it off.   Now it's DOT 5 so I will never have to screw with it again.  Can't believe they spent all that money on the conversion and then put in Dot 3.

I need to get it back on the ground so I can put the 33 Plymouth up and do the rear tranny seal on that.  I have to hurry,  The wife is talking in ground pool and I'm looking at 12 trees that have to come down first,  then alot of rock fill to build up the area before we pout the dust in to set the pool in,  not to mention running an underground electric line 150 feet just to get to it. 

Instead of a fun new toy,  I'm looking at buying a telehandler and a grapple for my excavator.  LOL

Just came back from a small kind of local show,  but still maybe 200 cars,  only one fairly stock personalized  A coupe.  I remember years ago when there was a line of them at every show.  Wonder where all those cars went?  I think the only other stock prewar car was a pretty clean 1937 Buick Sedan.  Mostly Rods Pickup and Muscle cars. A pretty nice 40 Ford woody was headed in when I was leaving.  Odd to have a show on a Sunday only and have it from 10-2.  I passed a few other cars headed there.  Must have been people coming in from Church.

• Like 1

I dont care much for rat rods and 'patina' cars, but this one looks right. For a few thousand more you can get a nicely restored one, but in this case I think the condition only ads value.

• Like 1