For Sale: 1969 Chrysler Newport Convertible - $8,900 - Monument, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1969 Chrysler Newport Convertible - $8,900 - Monument, CO

1969 for sale by owner - Monument, CO - craigslist

Seller's Description:

Fun and well-mannered 1969 Chrysler Newport Convertible, affectionately known as "Goldie". 383 Big Block V8 w/2bbl, 97,600 original miles. All original, unmodified vehicle. Power top, PS, PB, PW, CC, Tilt/Telescopic column, original radio all work well. 8-Track tape deck is not working; not sure why. Heat works well but AC seems to have a connection issue. Gold pinstriped tires. Vehicle runs well and starts every time. Easy to drive and glides down the highway like floating on a cloud. Interior is complete and intact, no holes, dash is not cracked. Steering wheel has cracks, and horn is non-op. Top is good except for two holes that could be repaired (I always have the top down anyway). No parade boot but they are available online for approx. $385 shipped. Interior is intact and comfortable; no rips or tears, but fabric has looked better and could use a refresh. Floorboards have some rust that will need to be addressed, and carpet should be replaced at that time. (approx. $300 shipped). Would love to keep this car but not enough garage space. Running/driving/fun vehicle that will be worth much more as the little issues that it has are corrected. Call or text Chuck for more info or showing.
Copy and paste in your email: fd330575bebd3092b1f8b4ca1d2465f4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1969 Chrysler Newport Convertible.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 2,169 1969 Chrysler Newport Convertibles built.

'69 Chrysler Newport Conv CO aa.jpg

'69 Chrysler Newport Conv CO a.jpg

'69 Chrysler Newport Conv CO b.jpg

'69 Chrysler Newport Conv CO c.jpg

'69 Chrysler Newport Conv CO e.jpg

'69 Chrysler Newport Conv CO d.jpg

'69 Chrysler Newport Conv CO f.jpg

'69 Chrysler Newport Conv CO g.jpg

• Like 3

I'm thinking this is a decent deal on a Chrysler C convertible. It doesn't look bad and a top, while not cheap, shouldn't be as expensive as, say, a GM scissor top.

Wish there were more interior pics.

I do wonder about floor rust on a Colorado car. Thought high desert like that was kind to old car metal. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

fun vehicle that will be worth much more as the little issues that it has are corrected.

Yes, I think the ratio is that for every $1000 you “invest” in repairs you increase the value by $100.  🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think the issues are pretty serious: bad top, broken AC, bad steering wheel, no boot, rusty floor on a base Chrysler. But it is priced accordingly. I would rather find a better one and pay a little more.