Skip Boyer - Horn button restoration

bhemi

I had Skip recast the horn button for my my '37 Buick and he did an amazing job. The service, the communication and his patience were amazing. It was a process, I sent Skip pics of what I had to make sure I was sending the right bits. It turns out I was missing the trim ring so I went on a Buick FB page and got one for $10. Then I mailed Skip the center piece, trim ring and contact plate. Two things were wrong, the contact plate was not for Buick and my repro horn button was 3-5% bigger than stock (Skip's estimate). So Skip sold me a contact plate for $45 and rejigged his molding process to accommodate the bigger button. For all that he charged me $53. Then on his own accord he decided my repro button was too nice to send regular post and he shipped and insured it on his own nickel. I sent him the difference PayPal as soon as I heard that. The whole process took less than a month and it's beautiful. When it's all together I will post a pic. I wish there were more guys like Skip around...

• Like 6

I had my button done by Skip about three years ago.  All went well, he did a great job.  Hopefully he'll be around for a long time but a lot of the pros we in the auto hobby are getting up in age.  Just like the thinning of local places that did chrome and engine work.  Hard to find anyone with skill to work on the different aspects of our old cars.

• Like 1