1957 Nash Metropolitan - $6,500

I could certainly see my wife driving this! 

https://chico.craigslist.org/cto/d/chico-1957-nash-metropolitan/7758737038.html

1957 Nash Metropolitan. Good condition. Many extra parts. Dual carburetors, These cars are becoming harder each day to find. Fun little car for someone who likes minor projects. If you are mechanically inclined and love car history, this is the car for you. Just needs a little bit of TLC to run. Cash only. I can send more pics upon request.530-521-5155

1957 Nash Metropolitan 100202_eqalI8a8zI6_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00d0d_iPHCkR4Myid_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00s0s_2brix4f6mBF_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

A hefty price tag for a non-running Met that's painted the wrong color (should be more of a turquoise) with an incorrect interior. Rear access is through the back seat -a couple of thin cushions- as they didn't have trunklids until 1959. My cousin owned a few Mets, I've worked on some of these and painted a number of them........I'm mechanically inclined and love car history as much as the next guy but these cars are just not for me. If you think this is the car for you do a thorough rust inspection first, rust issues were always a concern on these.

• Like 3

What The 55er said, plus note the comment about dual carbs. That’s not how they came. Maybe an MG engine installed there now. Not that I’m a purist but these things understeer like crazy. More power will only make that worse. 

• Like 1