Do headlight wires come with new wiring harnesses? 48 DeSoto.

marcapra

After looking through my "new" wiring harness, I realized that there is nothing in there that looks like the original wires that plug into my sealed beam headlights.  Do they sell headlight cables separately, or did Egge just not include headlight wires?  

448462714_3825061567819820_1891597900736083419_n.jpg

448514821_1326121552108999_5082564649549900586_n.jpg

You will need to ask the supplier to make sure.  The harness for my 37 Buick came from YNZ and included everything except the battery cables and they were available for an extra cost as was the turn signal switch and modified wiring which I did buy.

• Like 2

Yes, I'm going to call YnZ tomorrow as they seem to be the biggest harness supplier for old cars in the world.  I can't check with Egge as they no longer make harnesses.  

4 hours ago, 37_Roadmaster_C said:

Another good supplier is  Rhode Island Wire. 

I bought my harness from RI Wire, very good product.  For the '40 models they sell the headlight bucket wires separately which is convenient for those just doing spot replacement of wires.  I think that when I ordered, I forgot the headlight bucket wires and had to order them later.  The only penalty is the wait for a couple weeks and shipping charges that I could have avoided by ordering them with the primary order.

Hint, the grommet for the headlight bucket is obtained by a different supplier.  

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I just got a response from YnZ.  They said they could supply the headlight buckets, but I sent a reply asking if that included the grommets and plugs.