Where to get convertible top and boot made?

I have a 1988 Jaguar XJS12 convertible, those were all hardtops from the factory and the convertibles were done by another company in Ohio, It currently has the hard roof and t-tops installed, I have the old convertible top frame and fabric which I believe is in usable condition but the back window is yellowed and destroyed (vinyl). I placed a call and sent emails to many shops in the Southeast Wisconsin and Northeast Illinois area and they're telling me I don't have a convertible, or it isn't a 1988 (This is verified to the auction site I purchased it on and on the title) or I don't get a call back at all.

It doesn't register with them then although this was rare, many of these cars were converted just like ASC did. Will be hard t-tops and the convertible are an ugly brown color and I would like black.

does anyone have a resource or someone I can call about getting the convertible top done, or at least make a convertible boot for it? Thanks so much!

I believe these were done by Hess and Eisenhart.  You can get quality material made by Haartz. A shop that does restorations can cut and fit a top talk to people with prewar convertibles at a local meet

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, bryankazmer said:

You can get quality material made by Haartz.

Haartz Corp. has been making and supplying top materials in assorted colors since at least the 1920s ( same family owned company ) A good upholsterer should already know about them and can order from them.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)

Here is a link to  the H&E  Jaguar convertible top service.

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Electrical/Elect-Tech All/XJS Hess & Eisenhardt.pdf

Also the Kirby Palm living document book: https://www.jag-lovers.org/xj-s/book/Jaguar

The book will be a great help in sorting out hearsay and misinformation. The Jaguar Lovers site is you best resource in owning the car.

You may have to get into the northwest side of the Chicago area to find a shop that will do an acceptable job on your car even if it means shipping it. Just stay away from those with assumptions about the car.

• Like 1