Luxury early 1930s Carpet material

What is the correct carpet material for an early 1930s Lincoln? Would it be different for a Pierce or perhaps a Packard?

I've got samples of square weave wool and English Wilton to choose. Which is correct or more widely used?

Carpet material and choice for luxury cars of the era you speak was supplied by a half dozen ( most likely less) suppliers when new. Most all advertised in the custom body salon souvenir programs with either word ads or full page illustrated advertising. Biggest difference was colors available . Best way to determine is get a sample of the original material ( regardless of color) and compare to the samples you now have. This way you are looking at primary source material. There were sample books of carpets material, top material, seat cloth material just like there were color ships . Now the issue is to locate this a century or nearly so after the cars were made. Best to get a sample of the carpet that was not walked /stomped on as it will retain mostly the level it was when new. I will not share photos of what I speak as some one will criticize highly of me for doing so and I will not comment further as the same will happen as there are "experts" out there.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Carpet material and choice for luxury cars of the era you speak was supplied by a half dozen ( most likely less) suppliers when new. Most all advertised in the custom body salon souvenir programs with either word ads or full page illustrated advertising. Biggest difference was colors available . Best way to determine is get a sample of the original material ( regardless of color) and compare to the samples you now have. This way you are looking at primary source material. There were sample books of carpets material, top material, seat cloth material just like there were color ships . Now the issue is to locate this a century or nearly so after the cars were made. Best to get a sample of the carpet that was not walked /stomped on as it will retain mostly the level it was when new. I will not share photos of what I speak as some one will criticize highly of me for doing so and I will not comment further as the same will happen as there are "experts" out there.

dang them experts! haha

2 hours ago, Walt G said:

I guess this is the new AACA ----

" I've got the information you need, but it's mine and I don't have to share it. So there!"

• Like 1

I have shared in the past as stated and was criticized unfairly for doing so , so that is the reason I am not taking the time to do so again and have to put up with more snarky remarks.

• Like 3

Walt, I shared a very practical tip the other day. Some one handed typist gave a one word reply and then later called me a troll. I don't think he has enough power in those five little fingers to have much affect on me. It was his choice to tickle me with all kinds of irreverent thoughts.

I am just happy to have control over making snarky remarks, some can't help it a bit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1