fire suppression devices - what type of fire extinguisher should i get and where to mount it.

FWIW, Kidde has a recall on their plastic-nozzle fire extinquishers.  There doesn't appear to be an age limit.  They recently replaced 3 of my units from the 1970's at no charge.   Just google Kidde Recall and the details pop right up. 

• Thanks 1

I was at a show today. First thing I do is put out my show board with the fire extinguisher as ballast. A lady walks by and pointed at it and said 'look, theres a fire extinguisher, thats a bad sign'.

I just shook my head. I was the only car that had one placed by the front tire.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I was at a show today. First thing I do is put out my show board with the fire extinguisher as ballast. A lady walks by and pointed at it and said 'look, theres a fire extinguisher, thats a bad sign'.

I just shook my head. I was the only car that had one placed by the front tire.

At our annual Blue Bonnet street road show a few years ago a very nice 32 Ford caught fire as it was driving in from a loose fuel line to carb connection.   Back then few carried extinguishers and it was totally destroyed by the time help arrived.   Needless to say he got the “Hard Luck” award and after that no one was admitted to future shows without a fire extinguisher 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 5:42 PM, Gary_Ash said:

The Halotron extinguishers from H3R will put out car fires without leaving a mess of baking soda which can corrode a car.  They are not cheap, but worth it if you value your car.  They come with a mounting bracket.

See https://www.h3rperformance.com/collections/halguard-fire-extinguishers

I’m going to order one of these. Thanks for the tip.

I am wondering, can they be refilled/certified by a regular fire extinguisher company?

The price on these makes me want to also bring a regular fire extinguisher with me to events, just in case someone else’s car is on fire. ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1