Riview - May/June 2024

MikeJS

Good day.

So the early fire season smoke cleared enough for a day or two to allow Canada Post (& Storage) to deliver Volume 40, No. 3, May/June 2024, of the Riview today here in Edmonton, AB.

Haven't flipped through yet, but great cover photo. Too bad the photog didn't have a polarizing filter to really make the colours pop and remove some glare off the glass, but still a cool shot, well done...

Later,

On 5/14/2024 at 1:50 PM, MikeJS said:

Haven't flipped through yet

Mike, I have yet to receive my latest issue of the Riview. Looking forward to new ROA Login. I don't have it this go around because I gave my last issue to Andy on Lily Lk. Rd hoping he'd become a member.

In trying to find a home for my Riviera Parts, I filtered the ROA Roster XLS for 1st Generation Rivieras in Canada. A dismal number-39, that's all! Practically split down the middle. 19 in the East and 20 in the West or vice versa. I'm sure there's many more 1st gen. Riviera Owners who have never bothered to join.

Thankfully, there are many more Canadian members with more recent generations of Riviera's.

Back in the 80s, I picked one Buick club (BCA) and one tri-five Chev club (CCCI). I passed on ROA because it seemed too small and not likely to succeed. I was a member of the Nomad Club (before CCCI) until it folded. So, I was wary of ROA. Today, even CCCI and Late Great are long gone (before Ecklers). Full name: "Classic Chevy Club International"

1 hour ago, XframeFX said:

Mike, I have yet to receive my latest issue of the Riview. Looking forward to new ROA Login. I don't have it this go around because I gave my last issue to Andy on Lily Lk. Rd hoping he'd become a member.

In trying to find a home for my Riviera Parts, I filtered the ROA Roster XLS for 1st Generation Rivieras in Canada. A dismal number-39, that's all! Practically split down the middle. 19 in the East and 20 in the West or vice versa. I'm sure there's many more 1st gen. Riviera Owners who have never bothered to join.

Thankfully, there are many more Canadian members with more recent generations of Riviera's.

Back in the 80s, I picked one Buick club (BCA) and one tri-five Chev club (CCCI). I passed on ROA because it seemed too small and not likely to succeed. I was a member of the Nomad Club (before CCCI) until it folded. So, I was wary of ROA. Today, even CCCI and Late Great are long gone (before Ecklers). Full name: "Classic Chevy Club International"

Beats me how postal deliveries work nowadays. Volume 40, No. 3, May/June 2024 arrived today (May 16, 2024) in Australia. It seems that we have moved closer to the USA than where Canada is located... 🙂 

I really enjoyed the "My First Project" story about the '63 although I don't understand why one would remove the windshealds wipers even when there is glass water repellent available. I guess it could be that "It Never Rains in Southern California" but is that still true?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SwedeDownUnderR63 said:

I don't understand why one would remove the windshealds wipers even when there is glass water repellent available.

I presume it was just to remove the 'clutter' at the base of the windshield.  I'm not a big custom car fan, but I will say that '63 was tastefully done.  The interior is really gorgeous and the subtle tweak of the stitching pattern and buttons looks like it could have been born that way.  I'd put it in my garage!  ;)

• Like 1