1996 and 1997 car of the year

I am the current owner of the AACA national car of the year fir 1996 and 1997.

Was wondering if anyone remembers this car and how i would get a replacement winners certificate from the AACA so that i can show the car with the certificate. 

71719528342__23586863-C6E6-43EB-AE8B-66024E71E0B8.jpeg.e010cd074b96cf42c1b95739d7db623a.jpegIMG_6181.jpeg.c8e5b7b048b90ea019f0e01643a91cac.jpeg71719526754__B842078C-EB56-4F5E-8132-5CD9AEB1F5FE.jpeg.352ddee8c810ce4762f1f33d4d1dbfff.jpeg
It is a 1966 ivory white mustang convertible. Does anyone know the history of this car? I would appreciate any information.

I would recommend you contact the AACA National Headquarters in Hershey, PA. The staff there will have the answers to your questions. The phone # is 717-534-1910. Hours are M-F 8am to 4:30 pm ET. Some of the AACA leadership monitor the forum and they may reply and answer your question directly here too. I do know there are some specific rules/procedures when a car that has an AACA award changes ownership. If you are thinking about showing the car, why not consider joining the AACA?  Lots of great benefits for members. Check out the website at www.AACA.org

CChinn is pointing you in the right direction. Ask for Jon when you call the National Office.  It might help to have the car's VIN and any numbers on the ovals in hand.

Thank you for all of the help guys. And yes. Those wheels were not on the car in 1996/1997.

But I have them along with the original spoked hub caps and a set of era correct tires. Thank you again for the help.

21 hours ago, Jeffrey Neece said:

I am the current owner of the AACA national car of the year fir 1996 and 1997.

Jeffrey, let me try to clarify what awards your car has won since 1996.  First, AACA does not have a single "National Car Winner" in a year.  Many cars receive the First Place National and Grand National awards each year, which is a very high accomplishment.  That is not slighting the awards your car has won in the past.  The first time the car is entered in an AACA National, it is competing for a First Place award.  Second and Third Place awards are also given.   The next time out, all cars that have won a First Place award compete against each other for a Senior award.  Only cars that have won a Senior award can compete in the Grand Nationals.  First, Second and Third Place Grand National awards are given.  The next time out at a Grand National, only First Place Grand National winners compete against each other for a Senior Grand National Award.  The awards are given by class and there can be multiple First Place and Senior winners in each class at each National and Grand National.  In each class, when the top scoring First Place car is determined, any car scoring within 10 points (5 points at a Grand National) also receive a First Place award.

From the grill badges on your car, it has won a First Place Junior, Senior, First Place Grand National and Grand National Senior awards.  If you are not an AACA member, I hope your will consider joining and National can transfer these awards to your name.

• Like 2