Stromberg DX3 replacement?

Hello friends,

I am seeking any recommendations on replacing the DX3 I have on my DB DG.  From the research I have a done, I have seen a few suggestions as using a Carter YF speced for a 240-300 Ford inline 6.  I have also come across a 'new' single barrel carb sold by Daytona Parts, model "UN2"  I like the UN2 carb because I think it looks fairly stock opposed to the YF which looks a bit more modern.  Any comments or real world experience is appreciated.

Kind regards

Stromberg produced a number of BXV-3 carbs and at least 1 BXUV-3 carb in the late 1930's calibrated for the Dodge engine.

For all of these, specifications AND parts are readily available.

I have not personally used one of the Daytona carbs (nor do I plan to). One guy on Stovebolt loves his that he put on a 235.

We have sold a couple of replacement Strombergs to folks that DIDN'T love theirs.

You might ask the vendor selling these for a complete specifications page so you could compare the specs to original, and also ask who sells rebuilding kits? Floats? Etc.? Bad gas happens.

Jon

• Thanks 1

If you should go ahead with a Carter YF, the one for the 240/250/300 is too large for the DG. A better choice would be a YF from a Ford 200 CID 6. The one for the larger Ford would work fairly well on a Dodge DK or a Chrysler CD.

Like the Strombergs I mentioned in my earlier post, specification sheets AND parts are readily available for the YF series.

Jon

• Thanks 1

I have a Zenith carb on my 31 CD coupe. I will get the number off of it Thursday when I get to my museum. I have driven that car a lot and have had no issues with the carburetor. I suppose they are not easy to find any more, either.