For Sale: 1958 Ford 4dr Station Wagon - Project - $4,500 - Niles, MI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1958 Ford 4dr Station Wagon - Project - $4,500 - Niles, MI

1958 ford club wagon for sale by owner - Niles, MI - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Project car. Working motor and automatic transmission. Rear seal leak. odometer: 50000.
Copy and paste in your email: 03beadb3cd7237cb97033c884529d54e@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1958 Ford 4dr Station Wagon - Project.

'58 Ford Wagon MI a.jpg

'58 Ford Wagon MI b.jpg

'58 Ford Wagon MI c.jpg

• Like 1

When I saw Michigan I expected to see a rotted hulk but this wagon doesn't look horrible. Sure isn't much information though.

Wonder where all the side trim is? I'll guess this is a 2-seat Country Sedan since there are more trim holes than a Ranch Wagon would have had.

58 Fords are kinda homely but no more so than most other 1958 American cars. They're a car of their times and they've grown on me.

• Like 3

Would be nice to know what engine it has. It could be a six cylinder, a 292, or the new for 1958 FE 332. From the side it looks like the 1957 Ford from the windshield back. The attempt to style the front similarly to the 1958 T-Bird just didn't work very well and Joe Oros (the lead stylist) admitted as much later. You can't win them all, but Oros team is the one that came up with the design for the first Mustang as consolation.

Lew Bachman 

1957 Thunderbird.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 1957Birdman said:

Would be nice to know what engine it has. It could be a six cylinder, a 292, or the new for 1958 FE 332. From the side it looks like the 1957 Ford from the windshield back. The attempt to style the front similarly to the 1958 T-Bird just didn't work very well and Joe Oros (the lead stylist) admitted as much later. You can't win them all, but Oros team is the one that came up with the design for the first Mustang as consolation.

Lew Bachman 

1957 Thunderbird.

The poor 1958 Fords were the victim of meddling management demanding the Ford somehow imitate the all-new 1958 Thunderbird's design features and details without any major stamping changes at minimal tooling costs.  Joe Oros and staff must have dreaded directives like that, couldn't help but be disappointed in the results.   At least with the annual restyles, they only had to live with a dud for a year.