FS (Not Mine): 1928 Dodge Victory Six - $9500 (Detroit)

• Nate Dort changed the title to FS (Not Mine): 1928 Dodge Victory Six - $9500 (Detroit)

If it ends up at an estate auction, it could be an opportunity!

Here's the ad text:

Listing ahead of future estate sale, Dodge Brothers 1928 Victory Sedan that’s halfway restored with a frame refinished and powder coated, new flathead engine, a ton of new parts, refinished wooden wheels, tires, and a ton more. This antique car once finished, will be very nice and will last for another 100 years. It hasn’t been registered since the 50s, the body is in decent shape has some surface rust but no holes or damage, so theoretically could be put back together as is but it’s ready to be fully restored now. Over $12k in parts and work has been invested. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to so I am listing it to gage interest.

On 4/26/2024 at 9:27 AM, Leif in Calif said:

Listing ahead of future estate sale

Classic oft repeated situation.  
It’s not currently a car, but a collection of parts that nobody remembers how to reassemble. It can’t drive onto a trailer but will require several trucks and/or trips to move.  Hopefully there is heavy lifting equipment available at the loading point. Loading will also require several strong men to wrestle the iron.  

At the present none of this matters, the seller is not in any hurry, he is just dreaming of the windfall that he  imagines a restored car is worth. Since some parts are restored, then it must be a “restored car” right?  

Heck he has not even correctly identified what it used to be. (And BTW seller exact identification IS important)

This repository of parts can sit for a long while and he can refuse all offers, UNTIL the property must be sold (the real value in any estate) and then the short countdown will begin to find someone who will remove it before escrow closes.  

Can’t tell him anything now, but wait a while, he will learn.  

• Like 2