1934 Chrysler Engine/VIN Number Location

On a 1934 Chrysler flat head six engine, where is the engine/VIN number located? Is there a location on the frame where this number would also be? I don't need the number on the passenger side door post. Thanks

2 hours ago, Belair Bob said:

On a 1934 Chrysler flat head six engine, where is the engine/VIN number located? Is there a location on the frame where this number would also be? I don't need the number on the passenger side door post. Thanks

Engine number on the left front side of the engine on the flat pad just below the cylinder head. Probably also found on the left rear of the frame rail near the rise in front of the rear axle. Here is my frame rail on my 1931 Dodge.

Picture 28522.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Engine number on the left front side of the engine on the flat pad just below the cylinder head. Probably also found on the left rear of the frame rail near the rise in front of the rear axle. Here is my frame rail on my 1931 Dodge.

Chrysler seems to have moved the location on the frame from time to time and maybe from make to make. On my '33 Plymouth the engine number is stamped between the running board supports on the driver side.

48 minutes ago, ply33 said:

Chrysler seems to have moved the location on the frame from time to time and maybe from make to make. On my '33 Plymouth the engine number is stamped between the running board supports on the driver side.

A friend's 1933 DeSoto is stamped there, too.

Picture 9096.jpg