1932 Dictator Water Pump Conversion

I am trying to have my water pump updated to sealed bearing instead of packing(leaking). I know they are supposed to drip occasionally but anti-freeze is very dangerous to animals and they seem to love the taste. I have tried Egge Machine, Flying Dutchman, and waiting response from OG Water Pumps- some say 'maybe, send it and we will see'. Does any one know a company that is familiar with this conversion? I have searched but haven't found anything in this forum. I was sure I saw a post about this here.

• Like 1

Thanks RBK, still haven't found anyone that will perform this conversion, if anyone has any leads on who might, please let me know.

Post a few photos of the pump. Not all pumps can be converted over. Some require machining. 

• Like 2

You can always restore to original.  Done many with no problems.  Made new stainless shafts, cast new bronze impellers,  made new bushings and packing nuts. No leaks and many still running.  This photo is one I did for Dick Quinns 31 president coupe.

11671.JPG

• Like 1

So that pump can be modified for modern updates including seals. With machine work to fit new modern seals it's probably 900 bucks give or take. Rebuilding it as it was new should be under 400. Either way is fine. I always update my pumps. John Cislak MIGHT have new stainless pump shafts in stock. 413-530-5712 east coast business hours. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:36 AM, edinmass said:

So that pump can be modified for modern updates including seals. With machine work to fit new modern seals it's probably 900 bucks give or take. Rebuilding it as it was new should be under 400. Either way is fine. I always update my pumps. John Cislak MIGHT have new stainless pump shafts in stock. 413-530-5712 east coast business hours. 

Thanks for the info edinmass. When you say you always update your pumps, do you mean full update(no packing) or just the quality rebuild?

I try to install sealed bearings with modern or ceramic seals. It can get complicated quickly……and expensive. There is nothing wrong putting it back to as new. It won’t leak, and be much faster and less expensive.

• Like 1