Mystery 30's front bumper

DFeeney

Can you help me identify the mystery front bumper? It  has a 3 3/4" face.  The distance between the vertical bolts at each end is 64 3/8".  The over riders are 10 1/4 " x 3 1/2".  It is very straight .  Can anyone use it?   Don in central Ohio  740-816-4284

IMG_2032 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2033 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_2036.JPG

Edited by DFeeney (see edit history)

Are the bumper guards a generic after market type or were they made for the 32 Chevy? I would think they were made specifically for them since that contour is somewhat unique, although there's probably other bumpers they will fit good.

This is the closest thing I could find to them so far, but no name or indication who the maker was. 

1930s Bumper Guards 1920s vintage Buick Chevrolet Ford Plymouth Cadillac | eBay

20 hours ago, Chipndayle said:

Looks like a '32 Chevy front bumper that someone has modified by adding the four (homemade?) bumper guards and cutting the mounting bar.  Photo attached.

All the Best, Chip1932CHEVYDELUXESPORTCOUPE.jpg.db995c2f98d5e15a8935b44c8a33f719.jpg

Neat setting and backdrop for that nice 5 window. 

Thanks.....  I think the bumper guards are an aftermarket "universal" item.  They're definitely not a genuine Chevrolet accessory.

There is also a possibility that the bumper itself is something other than Chevy.  Some other makes were also using a single-bar convex faced bumper in the early '30s.  That said, it does look pretty much identical to the ones on my '32 Chevys.

All the Best, Chip