My 1990 Chrysler TC Maserati 3.0 liter Engine.

Good Evening to everyone here in the Antigue Automobile Club. I am here to maybe get some help on finding a Passenger Seat Motor for my TC and the chrome trim grommet on the Drivers side fender.

I also have extra parts that I've kept over the years (a really really nice hood with the chrome no dents, and other parts.) I can supply photos upon your request. 

Thank you in advance. 

Respectfully, 

3 hours ago, Tim Fleshman said:

Good Evening to everyone here in the Antigue Automobile Club. I am here to maybe get some help on finding a Passenger Seat Motor for my TC and the chrome trim grommet on the Drivers side fender.

I also have extra parts that I've kept over the years (a really really nice hood with the chrome no dents, and other parts.) I can supply photos upon your request. 

Thank you in advance. 

Respectfully, 

The seats have 3 motors in each 'track mechanism'. What is it that your passenger seat will NOT do?  You may just have a bad console switch which is the most common problem, or there could be a poor or disconnected electrical connection under the seat track.  Check it carefully, a passenger seat track motor rarely fails, really, how much does that seat get moved?

So thankful for your response,  the passenger seat will still go forward but it won't go back, I've checked for "junk, coins, etc..." I found a piece that appeared to be broken off about the size of a pin but about 3/4" long on the left side and in front on the floorboard.

I would like to take this time to introduce myself to everyone,  my name is Tim Fleshman,  I'm retired from the US Army after 20 years and then moved to the Kansas City Metro area from Fort Hood Texas. I started working with Homeland Security and the Federal Protective Services in 2003 til 2017 when it was identified by the Kansas City VA Hospital Oncology Department that I have late stage abdominal cancer. My father passed away at the same time frame so, I packed my Mother and Sister up and moved all the way to Greenwood Delaware , my father left me a 1990 Honda CRX and 1990 Chrysler TC Maserati in awesome condition. I say this because I want to apologize to everyone here if I've sent messages to the wrong place,  I'm learning about this site by baptism by fire. Bare with me please,  I'll learn. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tim Fleshman said:

I would like to take this time to introduce myself to everyone,  my name is Tim Fleshman,  I'm retired from the US Army after 20 years and then moved to the Kansas City Metro area from Fort Hood Texas. I started working with Homeland Security and the Federal Protective Services in 2003 til 2017 when it was identified by the Kansas City VA Hospital Oncology Department that I have late stage abdominal cancer. My father passed away at the same time frame so, I packed my Mother and Sister up and moved all the way to Greenwood Delaware , my father left me a 1990 Honda CRX and 1990 Chrysler TC Maserati in awesome condition. I say this because I want to apologize to everyone here if I've sent messages to the wrong place,  I'm learning about this site by baptism by fire. Bare with me please,  I'll learn. 

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/Maserati

hope this could help.

8 hours ago, Tim Fleshman said:

Also, if I could get the seat all the way back,  I wouldn't have worried about it,  but I was on the inside of a market and my mother bless her heart was when it happened with the seat

Let me ask you this, is the right side power seat SWITCH loose and somewhat submerged in the console bezel? This could prevent the full ‘stroke’ movement of the control switch knob from moving fully toward the rear direction switch contact point. This is due to the switch being broken away from its mounting point.

17 hours ago, Tim Fleshman said:

As a US Marine from the Viet Nam era, I welcome you Tim Fleshman to our group and as the technical advisor for the TCA Owners club, invite you to join. I’ll even pay your first years dues. Just submit your entry form to our club president Bob French.  Then you will have our personal contact information from our Newsletter so you can call and speak with anyone in Tech or Parts.

I think your problem is simpler to resolve than replacing the motors. After all, if the motor will move forward, with reversed polarity, it should move rearward as well.

Edited by Hemi Dude
Added Tim’s name. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Tim and welcome to the group.  I had a similar seat issue.  I found out if I pulled up on the switch it would then work correctly.  I fixed it a few years later by taking  out the passenger seat, i think then i just removed a side panel by the seat controls and was able to prop up the controls to the correct position.  Sometimes I tell people new to the car "dont push down on the switches".  You'll find this group very devoted, helpful and friendly.  Unlike some other car groups I'm in.  Let us know where you are at and maybe someone is close.  If your ever out Denver way look me up.  I've worked in anti money laundering but your background sounds way more interesting. 

You can connect with the TCA Owners Club president to join at email TCAOwnersClub@gmail.com and tell him Hemi is paying.  I wish I'd tried that before.

• Like 1