1932 Essex Terraplane - $12,000 OBO

Lots more info in the ad (but only the one picture!) ...seems a fair price! 

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/ojai-1932-essex-terraplane/7723727684.html

This 6 cylinder, 2-door coach had a frame-off restoration 25 years ago and has been 100% garaged. It’s not a show-quality immaculate restoration but was rebuilt to be driven. The engine has been professionally rebuilt and is a very strong runner. Paint is not Terraplane original but the colors (tan & maroon) are true Essex colors for 1932. A few details need to be completed (see below). Only 200 miles driven since restoration.

I installed dark brown carpeting but new original rubber floor mat comes with car. I installed reflective firewall insulation to reduce heat from engine compartment but it’s removable.
Car is garaged in Ojai, California, and can be examined there.
$12,000 OBO. Offers accepted.
*Pops out of 2nd gear so I just bypass it when driving. I’ve never missed it because engine is so strong. Not sure if it’s the gear, forks, ?  Due to personal circumstances I really must sell this car. I will consider all serious offers.  email:  f04afd8223d53423826082adda39cc41@sale.craigslist.org

00C0C_5LhXSSYAMsg_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

• Like 7

The headlights and the radiator ornament are not '32 Essex Terraplane.   These '32 and '33 E-T transmissions are unique amazingly tiny boxes.  Expectation would be that a thrust washer is either missing or very worn.  The shift forks do not wear but the ball end at the bottom of the floor shift rod that moves the forks may be the problem as it will wear badly (indicating high mileage) needing welded up and filed to original shape.  The restoration handbook with the car was probably authored by me as I know of no other such book.

If there were more photos I would probably have more comments.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4