For Sale: 1948 Buick Roadmaster - Two-tone 2dr Sedanet - "Two owners" - Normal, IL - Not Mine - 3/11 Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1948 Buick Roadmaster 2-door Sedanet in Normal, IL  -  $16,750  (previously reduced from $19,750)-  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1493564514751916/-1948-Buick-Roadmaster-Sedanet

Seller's Description:

1948 Buick Roadmaster 2-door Sedanet

• 2 owners
  • Driven 73,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Grey

All original Buick 2 door coupe. Runs and drives just had it out today for a drive in the country. Extra engine transmission combo. If you are seeing this post it is available.

image.png.367f3ed0a5492adb418d4e17d101b4fa.png

image.png.72793e2a116e7fbae5ef963cd26a749d.png

image.png.0eebf2d42fd4f325a500588eb2f062ce.png

image.png.17c2809e81ce314601eccbe03939e246.png

image.png.469da532273b6b93286ce8111adeaf92.png

image.png.81ee67b43cda0374d4ff102740deae2b.png

image.png.270170d67756db137c2a78520ef3d9cf.png

image.png.ef40d084286775810ba513fdb8b12684.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update info (see edit history)

Wow, Roadmaster with a Dynaflow!

I always wondered with these Buicks that have a visor...after they install it, what happens to the center post radio antenna?  If the visor has the center support bracket, that would prevent the antenna from rotating up or down, correct?

Edited by Malo48
adding info (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Malo48 said:

Wow, Roadmaster with a Dynaflow!

I always wondered with these Buicks that have a visor...after they install it, what happens to the center post radio antenna?  If the visor has the center support bracket, that would prevent the antenna from rotating up or down, correct?

Having the antenna turned down didn't hurt am reception on my dad's '50 Super back when it was a newer car. I doubt that many people today even listen to am at all any more. Besides, unless the radio has been recently restored, how many 75 year old car radios still work? Bluetooth earbuds or a hidden receiver and speakers are pretty common "audio accessories" these days.

That's the way I do it even in newer (80's - 90's) cars with working am-fm radios.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crusty Trucker said:

Besides, unless the radio has been recently restored, how many 75 year old car radios still work?

You’ll find out, posting a question like that around here 😀

The radio in my ‘41 wasn’t working when I bought it 10 years ago, so I planned to pull it and recap it, etc. But when I got it on the bench, it was only dirty contacts in the station selector. The innards had never been touched, so I decided to just pack it back in the dash, and it’s worked fine ever since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Either the market has fallen out sedanets or this guy doesn't know what he has or the car has issues that are not listed in the ad.  Moreover the listing here says it's a Super but the Facebook ad says roadmaster; it is a Roadmaster!!  Since the car is in Illinois I wonder about the condition of the undercarriage.  I get the feeling from the condition of the engine bay maintenance and preservation are tops on the sellers list. I, too am not big on visors and if I bought this car the visor would be removed and sold off!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deac said:

Either the market has fallen out sedanets or this guy doesn't know what he has or the car has issues that are not listed in the ad.  Moreover the listing here says it's a Super but the Facebook ad says roadmaster; it is a Roadmaster!!  Since the car is in Illinois I wonder about the condition of the undercarriage. 

Respectfully, how can you tell it's a Roadmaster?

Although the Facebook ad says "Roadmaster," it is not uncommon for Sellers to state an incorrect brand or model name in their ads. The script on the front fender appears to say "Super."  Thoughts?

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, 6T-FinSeeker said:

Respectfully, how can you tell it's a Roadmaster?

Although the Facebook ad says "Roadmaster," it is not uncommon for Sellers to state an incorrect brand or model name in their ads. The script on the front fender appears to say "Super."  Thoughts?

I think the script says Dynaflow. But the Dyna in '48 was only a Roadmaster option, and you can tell here by the missing clutch pedal, the shift selector knob being pointy rather than round (manual trans).  The steering wheel center says Roadmaster, and I think the trunk emblem says Dynaflow as well.

Edited by Malo48
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's a Roadmaster. 1948 was the first year for the Dynaflow and it was only available as an option on the Series 70 Roadmasters. Since this car has an automatic transmission, I believe that's a Dynaflow script on the front fender, if it were a stick car the script would say Roadmaster. The car has a  Roadmaster Dynaflow horn button and that would be correct for the car. Since this car is still for sale after 19 weeks, maybe some buyers don't care for those shiny mismatched paint touch-ups and painted over rear fender welt that needs to be replaced, along with the worn front floor mat and crusty engine compartment. It's a case where the car might look better in the small pictures on a computer than it actually does in real life. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The 55er said:

It's a Roadmaster. 1948 was the first year for the Dynaflow and it was only available as an option on the Series 70 Roadmasters. Since this car has an automatic transmission, I believe that's a Dynaflow script on the front fender, if it were a stick car the script would say Roadmaster. The car has a  Roadmaster Dynaflow horn button and that would be correct for the car. Since this car is still for sale after 19 weeks, maybe some buyers don't care for those shiny mismatched paint touch-ups and painted over rear fender welt that needs to be replaced, along with the worn front floor mat and crusty engine compartment. It's a case where the car might look better in the small pictures on a computer than it actually does in real life. 

I bet it has a leaking manifold too.  Mine did.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1948 Buick Roadmaster - Two-tone 2dr Sedanet - "Two owners" - Normal, IL - Not Mine - 3/11 Deleted