FS: 1958 Buick Century 4Dr HT - North Tonawanda, NY - Not Mine

And the seller description (Not Mine)...

Beautiful 1958 Buick Century,4dr no sedan, outstanding original condition with 1 older repaint. Original green mist metallic color. Clean, solid, southern car from Virginia, with rip on back seat. lots of chrome and stainless trim. Original two-tone green interior in excellent condition, with minor rip on the back seat. A strong 364 cu.in. 300 hp, nail head V8 engine with a DynaFlo auto transmission, runs great. Power steering, power breaks. Original drive train with 77,000 miles. Reliable and fun to drive curser that turns heads. $27,500 or BO

unquote

...so, is it a Freudian slip to call it a "curse'r" instead of a cruiser???? 

Edited by classiclines
fix typo (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

These Buicks had all the fancy doo-dads, didn’t they? I’d take off the rear seat cover and reinforce the material from the back side. Undercarriage looks very clean, too. I realize it’s a 4D HT, but seems like fair money for a nice car.

Edited by AdamInNH (see edit history)

Gorgeous!   One of Buick's best years.  The red rims really set it off too.  (but not correct)   Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think all GM divisions were at the top of their game for 1958 in the styling department.   Price seems a tad optimistic.  

• Like 1

It looks like a good car. It's a 58 and that GM used a lot of chrome parts on these cars.  In fact I have heard the 58 model year uses the most chrome of any the GM model years.  So make sure the chrome pieces look good which in the pictures they do!  Though it's a Century, it's a 4 door Century that need rear seat upholstery and probably more which makes me think the seller is a bit aggressive in the price.  To me I would actually prefer a 4 door to a 2 door; the 58 2 design just looks out of proportion!

• 2 months later...

Not Mine...

Now listed on Craigslist - significant price reduction...   $21,900

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/north-tonawanda-1958-buick-century/7747725906.html

ad copy

1958 Buick Century 4-Dr Sedan, Older restoration but still shows very well! Runs excellent with no issues. 364 V8, Automatic, Power Steering & Brakes. Body & chrome in great shape. Underside is solid with no signs of rot. Interior is in great shape as well. All gauges work but radio does not work. Fun cruiser & head turner!

phone/text (7one6) 48zero-429seven

Lots more pics in new ad