1920 Dodge 4 door sedan wheels

I just bought a 1920 Dodge 4 door sedan with what I believe has 25 inch factory wire wheels. Can some one tell me what brand (who made them) and size they are. I need one wheel for the spare and 2 hub caps.

38 minutes ago, 1912 Caddy said:

I just bought a 1920 Dodge 4 door sedan with what I believe has 25 inch factory wire wheels. Can some one tell me what brand (who made them) and size they are. I need one wheel for the spare and 2 hub caps.

Photos?

The factory wheels were either Budd or Hayes. Best bet would be to remove one of the tires, but someone might be able to tell from a good photo. The manufacture should be stamped on inside of the felloe. Hub caps were L- or Right-hand thread. If someone has them, they would need to know. The Master parts book shows a different style hub cap then the more common wood or disk wheel hub cap for the 4 wheels and a trim type of cap for the spare tire. What size are the tires on it now? 

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)

2 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

The wheels SHOULD be Hayes, would be 25 inch. Budd never made wire wheels that I know of, only disc wheels. If you are looking for a hubcap for the spare it is special, made of aluminum.

Thanks;

Budd is listed in the wire wheel section in the Master parts list (1914 to 1927) in the notes: "Domestic orders for Budd wire wheels or their parts should be sent direct to Budd Wheel Company.." Maybe Budd came later, don't know. 

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)

I saw that. But I think the early cars all had Hayes. We have an order blank at the library for the wire wheels. It says the wheels were supplied in  yellow, but could be ordered in black, white, red, or any other color. Another confusing statement from DB. The Budd disc wheels were made under license from Michelin, stamped Michelin. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

I saw that. But I think the early cars all had Hayes. We have an order blank at the library for the wire wheels. It says the wheels were supplied in  yellow, but could be ordered in black, white, red, or any other color. Another confusing statement from DB. The Budd disc wheels were made under license from Michelin, stamped Michelin. 

The wheels on my 1920 four door have remains of cream or straw colored paint that was painted over with like early Cat yellow.

You MAY be able to find them, try Myers or Romar. I have seen at least one of the spare ones on ebay for stupid money. A good friend of yours that is a machinist could make you 3. The ones for the wheels seem to be bronze and nickel plated. They are the same except the spare one is aluminum and the threads are reversed for one of them. 

I need one Hayes 66 spoke wheel with lock ring and 2 locking caps one right and one left .

Please email me at gravelguy@centurytel.net

Or call me at 509 7two1 0752

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

Well I have good success in my quest for a Hayes wheel and parts. I have everything I need except 1 hubcap for the right side with left hand threads.

If anyone image.jpeg.55bdbe5fb18396021fdc6c28e5471fe3.jpeghas one that will work please contact me

image.jpeg