Chrysler Motors magazine March, 1951

Chrysler Motors magazine was a monthly magazine for Chrysler Motors workers.  It has articles on the various hobbies of the workers, such as painting, bowling, having a luau with Hawaiian shirts, leis, and ukeleles.  But I am including the two most interesting pages for car guys because they are about the new Hemi V-8 engine, which came out that year on Chryslers, and the next year on DeSotos.  

51 chrys.jpg

51chrysa.jpg

• Thanks 2

So much interesting history lies forgotten in the

pages of old magazines.  I'm sure that some haven't

seen the light of day in many years.  When I was a

regional editor for the AACA, I loved researching those

old articles and finding facts that were little known today.

Thank you for sharing the Chrysler magazine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

So much interesting history lies forgotten in the

pages of old magazines.  I'm sure that some haven't

seen the light of day in many years.

John states fact. The magazines ( social on the news stand, factory issued like the one here and also the monthly one sent to customers which was a trend that had been going on since the WWI era - Buick magazine, Packard magazine, Ford Times, Studebaker wheel, The Crest was what Cadillac called theirs etc ) there were specific magazines for certain areas of the car industry as well both here in the USA and in Europe. Note the magazines shown by Tom Gibson here on the forums from Cuba and Europe. The magazines give a lot more information and data then a sales promotion piece. A much broader view of what was really happening .  These magazines are what authors and researchers seek when working on a story. I know I have for decades and still do.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2