Huppy Christmas Everyone

Fordy

Thank you  Grimy, I  hope  you had  a great  Christmas  also. Sounds like  you  are in good  health as that is  a great  gift  at  any  time. When i got the  Hupp, it  had  no  engine or  trans, the  guy  was going to  hot  rod  it. I  have  a parts  car  with  an engine  and  trans, but  it  was  out side  for  30  years  and  not  knowing its  condition, I  saw  on the  Hupp  Club  face  book page  that  a  fellow  member had  an engine  that  when it  was in  a Hupp he  road in. He  said it  ran  fine . He  gave me the  engine  and  trans  and  I  went  from  Fl  with a trailer to  Tenn to pick it  up. Got it  home  and  sure  enough got it  running  and it  runs  super. I  will be  detailing it  and  bringing  back to N.H. and  putting  another  Hupp  back on the  road.

DSC04988.JPG

DSC04989.JPG

DSC04994.JPG

DSC04995.JPG

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, N.H.HuppNut said:

Thank you  Grimy, I  hope  you had  a great  Christmas  also. Sounds like  you  are in good  health as that is  a great  gift  at  any  time. When i got the  Hupp, it  had  no  engine or  trans, the  guy  was going to  hot  rod  it. I  have  a parts  car  with  an engine  and  trans, but  it  was  out side  for  30  years  and  not  knowing its  condition, I  saw  on the  Hupp  Club  face  book page  that  a  fellow  member had  an engine  that  when it  was in  a Hupp he  road in. He  said it  ran  fine . He  gave me the  engine  and  trans  and  I  went  from  Fl  with a trailer to  Tenn to pick it  up. Got it  home  and  sure  enough got it  running  and it  runs  super. I  will be  detailing it  and  bringing  back to N.H. and  putting  another  Hupp  back on the  road.

Thank you, had a good Christmas but my sciatica is flaring up.  We appreciate your tenacity and rescuing a very rare and special car.  When you can, please add photos of the car.  May we all "Keep on keeping on" in the New Year!  Best regards, George

• Like 1

Unfortunately, no Hupp related gifts for me. The aerodynamics are a rare beast here in Australia and I would gladly have one if Santa could get it down the chimney (of course he can - he uses magic). That engine is outwardly the same as the one I have for my '26A when I get around to working on it in the new year. I have a couple of other cars to sort out first to free up the hoist - my Triumph Spitfire with a bung clutch and a friends Nissan that needs the power steering hose changed. Once they are done it will be full steam ahead on the Hupp - apart from "paying" jobs that breeze in from time to time. (and the routine maintenance on my R series cars and the other 3 classics)

Safe New Year all

Steve

• Like 1

George, the pic  are  not  to good as I just  got the  car  before we  left for  the  winter to go to  Fl. There were  no  headlights. I had some in  my spare parts and no  tail light  lenses and I had  them also. I was  missing the  engine, radiator  and  transmission  which I  received   from a  great fellow  Hupper. In May I  should have the  Hupp back on the  road, I  will paint  in later.   

DSC04901.JPG

DSC04899.JPG

SAM_0093.JPG

• Like 1