1955 Imperial Newport

StillOutThere

Recent addition in my shed.   Ex-California, 60K mile survivor.  Novi after-market AC installed back in the day.  I'm sure some of you remember the clear ducts coming out of the package shelves.

Does anyone recall this Nugget Gold over Black car appearing in the Northern California area or attending shows?  I'm hoping to find history for the car as It had been sitting in a warehouse since the owner's passing.

12 20 23.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 6:27 PM, keiser31 said:

Beautiful car! Just to clear up a small detail, the Newport was not the Imperial. They were two separate models.

"Newport" was an exclusive title given to Chrysler and Imperial 2-door hardtops only in the early 1950's.  Starting in 1961, it became trim level on full-size Chryslers in all body styles.  The 'Newport' name was used earlier on the six 1940 dual phaeton showcars.

Chrysler also the did the same with the Plymouth "Belvedere", and Buick with the "Riviera", Pontiac with the "Catalina", etc., which at first, they were titles exclusively for the 2-door hardtop body style when first introduced.  In later years, those titles eventually became model names for an entire range of cars, or a trim level which included all body styles.

Craig

• Like 2