1960 Invicta wiring diagram needed

Drakeule

The wipers on my '60 Electra didn't work when I got it in 2002. That year I took the motor out, checked everything, and put fresh lube on the park assembly. After putting it back together they made two swipes and parked. Haven't budged since. 30,000 miles of Rainex, good stuff.

The guys don't check them for the annual inspection. Many years ago I told them I didn't want my wipers dragged across my dry windshield. I allowed that we could bring the priest up to sprinkle the glass with holy water but scheduling was difficult.

I responded over in your Buy/Sell post saying something similar to Bernie above.  I'll bet your wiper motor could be disassembled, cleaned, lubricated and reassembled.  The only issue might be if any plastic pieces (e.g., 'park' cam) are broken or stripped.  Aside from that, those old wiper motors are pretty stout.

• Like 1

I drove from western New York to the Buick centennial nationals in Flint in 2003 with Rainex. We came through Hamilton, Ont. in heavy traffic in the rain.

I am pretty fussy about a lot of things on the car but it is a job dealing with those cam wiper guides and getting the cowl cover off. And so disheartening to get it all back together to watch two swipes. If I sell the car at some point I will probably fix them. It will be more important to the buyer than to me.

Besides, the Rainex drives my wife nuts. She sits there and gawks at every raindrop wondering how I can see. I just focus ahead in the distance not noticing them. If she only knew the other things I treat like that.

• Haha 5