Webmaster - update 12/1/2023

In no particular order:

Classifieds:  https://hcca.org/resources/classified/
I'm still in awe of how popular the classified are.  Over 80% of all hcca.org traffic originates in the forum. Amazing.

Not without its issues.  Spam/Fraud seems rampant.  I've trying a few things to mitigate it, but it's never going to be eliminated.  I'm doing my best.

Photo Galleries: https://hcca.org/resources/gallery/

A few more galleries added thanks to our editor Tracy Lesher.

Events: https://hcca.org/resources/calendar/

A few more tweaks and updates.

====

THE BIG STUFF TO COME:

The website is in the final stages of being more dynamic. I'll soon populate the site with complete member data (name, address, contact info, etc.) and vehicles.   Once that's complete memberships will no long require going through the national office before being LIVE on the site, Credit card payments happening in real time.  (you know, like most other sites - note sarcasm. :) )

Once that step is complete members will be empowered to update their profiles and vehicles LIVE without it going through Lindsey and the national office.

Also, member and vehicle searches will be dynamic from that point forward as well as linking members to their cars.

I hope to have the above completed by Dec 15. (hopefully sooner)

I'll keep you posted.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Webmaster - update 12/1/2023

"I trust that the member/car roster will be located behind a member only password? No need to give the scammers that golden nugget… "

I hope so.

Also, the classifieds should NOT allow comments.

The classifieds used to only allow the members to view the classifieds a couple of days before they went out to the public. This was a good thing.

Thank you.

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Peter:

One thing I missed from the previous Website layout is the "sold"  listing. It was nice to know how fast a car or part sold once posted, can you please tell me why that feature was removed?. Also, I notice that the listed items are not always sorted properly. I like to see the latest car/part first .I know that by paying extra, the ad can be listed at the top, but it seems that the list is randomly sorted.

thank you for all you work

regards

jose

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 8:58 PM, Panza said:

Peter:

One thing I missed from the previous Website layout is the "sold"  listing. It was nice to know how fast a car or part sold once posted, can you please tell me why that feature was removed?. Also, I notice that the listed items are not always sorted properly. I like to see the latest car/part first .I know that by paying extra, the ad can be listed at the top, but it seems that the list is randomly sorted.

thank you for all you work

regards

jose

Any sold item is tagged as "sold". 

Feature not so much removed as new software used to generate the classified doesnt have that feature. I'll look into it.

People can chose to add "featured" to their ad putting them at the top.  Otherwise they are alway sorted in oldest to newest order.  Is that not what you see?

Peter

I can't understand why when I refresh the classifieds the same old adds from as much as a month ago keep coming up at the top of the list.

As a avid follower of the HCCA adds it is very annoying to have to scroll through these a couple of times a day.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1