Delco distributor ID

Linus Tremaine

Does not fit a car……..that’s a 66E Seagrave late series unit, and it doesn’t install on the engine block, it has a partial housing on it, that bolts into another large casting that goes into the block. I have a dozen of them in the shelf………they are worthless unless you’re running a late fire truck with 24 plugs…..almost no fire truck is running them……..the cap and rotor are also small late series fire truck only………no value there. It’s probably more interesting as a garage display item………

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

Just now, edinmass said:

Does not fit a car……..that’s a 66E Seagrave late series unit, and it doesn’t install on the engine block, it has a partial housing on it, that bolts into another large casting that goes into the block. I have a dozen of them in the shelf………they are worthless unless you’re running a late fire truck with 24 plugs…..almost no fire truck is running them……..the cap and rotor are also small late series fire truck only………no value there.

The Seagrave 8 cyl (I have one) used a similar housing which, thankfully, used two of the Delco 662J distributors used by Pierce 1933-1936.  Does anyone need that housing and the large cylinder (coolant expansion tank?)