1991 Window ? Breaker ? relay Something somewhere!

'91 Polo Green

Recently both windows just stopped working. I was instructed that what I was looking for was a relay, or breaker, that is buried somewhere under console. He said that I could find an illustration/location of the relay center in the manual (Which I have) in section 201-12, figure "D", but "My" manual only shows figures: a, b & c - not "D" & no pic of relay center in 201-12. I am looking at page 8A-201-12 - ANY help would be appreciated. I don't know what the parts look like - so therefore no clue.

Any help will be appreciated!

The "he" in this conversation was me and I was looking at the 1990 manual and the illustration in the 1990 is located on a different page in the 1991 manual. 

I believe he now has the correct information.   In the 1991 Service Manual the info needed is in section 8A 120-0, 1, 2   the third page gives you the 

the info on the location.... Interior Relay Center.........Below RH front of console ..........  201-18 A 

For anyone with a Reatta service manual,  they are very helpful. 

In this case you find the power window electrical diagram in section 8 of the service manual. 

On the page after the diagram,  there is a list of the components with a description of their location plus the page and diagram 

location for the part you are looking for.     I have been very happy with the factory service manuals for the Reatta. 

If you own a Reatta  buy a used manual from somewhere (Ebay) and if you can read,  you can probably diagnose and possibly fix 

a large percentage of the issues you might have with the car. 

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Barney Eaton said:

If you own a Reatta  buy a used manual from somewhere (Ebay) and if you can read,  you can probably diagnose and possibly fix 

a large percentage of the issues you might have with the car. 

I did this for my wife's '93 Allante'.  Trying to work on that car without the shop manual would be nearly impossible.  I can imagine the Reatta is similar.

• Like 2