1926 Buick Model 2548 Interior lights

Jimmybobby

Hello y’all! 

Upon the process of doing interior work on upholstery etc., I’ve come across a dilemma. 

Does anyone out there have any pics or knowledge of the interior lights set right and left of the rear Waldo inside this 1926 Buick Opera Coupe (2 Door/Oval windows)? 

I will have pics asap. 

Much Obliged!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

I've always heard the two rear lights on either side of the rear window referred to as 'opera lights'.

Your search may turn up better results if you use that term. 

• Thanks 1

I have a 1924 Brougham Model 51a which has the oval rear windows. I do not know if they kept the same style of lights on the interior of your car as they did in 1924, but mine are the same as the above photo of the 1925 Model. When looking for the lights you need, if you are going to look for the same style, pay particular attention to the detail of the corner and points on the lights trim border to make sure it's an exact match as I have seen some before that were close but not the same so you have to be careful. I'm posting a pic of one of my rear interior accent lights and the dome light which you can see matches the rear quarter or accent lights. Again, mine are 1924, which looks the same as the 1925 coupe above, but I cannot guarantee 1926 trim lights were the same also. 

20231103_224241.jpg

20231103_224257.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Much appreciated! Very helpful, thanks! 

I’m in the process of patterning for panels now. It comes down to where everything meets up, such as the headliner and so forth. 

I am curious, perhaps may I see some pics of your “kick panels” and or firewall area of the car? 

The challenge is trying to see where everything starts and stops (“A” pillars, etc) 

Thanks a ton! 

image.jpg