4 door ? What is it?

Dan Z

No more doors. It was a roadster. The Dodge/Budd all steel body didn't have much wood anywhere (on the body styles that were "all steel"). The steel cowl was attached to that upright, and there is some other framework missing from it

This thread really should be moved to the early Dodge regions of the forum for better answers. This area is intended for "period (era) photos" of prewar cars where details in the photos revealing history can be discussed. 

That body isn't in great shape. However, you should see some of the same era model T Ford parts I have restored from even worse condition. It looks like there may be enough there to begin a restoration. That era Dodge cars are just common enough (they were good and lasted a long time!) that a person could probably still find most of the rest of the pieces at reasonable cost. The early four cylinder Dodge Brothers cars are popular enough and have an active club supporting the search for parts.

Edited by wayne sheldon
Clarify a thought. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dan Z said:

Thank you for the info.  Very much appreciated.   Sorry I put it in the wrong category.  I was lucky to figure out how to even put the pics on here. Thanks again. 

No worries. The moderators could move it for you? Or you could simply start a new thread in the appropriate section for more knowledgeable replies.

I try to not make more work for our wonderful moderators. So starting a new thread might be best. 

There are so many sections and subsections for so many different types and eras of collector cars that finding the best area for a given car is sometimes difficult. It didn't help that some of the "supported" clubs demanded divisions done their way. So the Chrysler sections aren't done quite like the General Motors sections. Personally, I think the prewar four cylinder and prewar six cylinder Dodge automobiles should be separated as there were a lot of changes made during that transition and the sixes and fours are quite different from each other in many ways. However, I don't have any of those so am not making any waves there.

A link to the prewar Dodge and Dodge Brothers;

https://forums.aaca.org/forum/38-dodge-dodge-brothers/

A suggestion. Until your body/car is better identified, specific year and model? Any threads you start about it should refer to it as a "Mid 1920s Dodge roadster" and maybe what information you are looking for. That way people with the information you are seeking and scanning through the listings can know what you are dealing with.

Whatever you decide to do with this body? Good luck!

• Like 1