69 Ford Thunderbird - $4,500 (wallingford ct)

Posting this because I don’t see many from this year, especially not with the sunroof. I also like the steering wheel controls.  More pics in ad.

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/d/wallingford-69-ford-thunderbird/7682066569.html

up for sale is a highly optioned car with an ultra rare sunroof. Car has been recently been taken out of storage, where it has been since 1985. I have a stack of paperwork including original dealer invoice all factory manuals, and many service records. engine is the matching number 429 with c6 auto trans and an 8 inch rear end. there is close to $5000 spent on new parts complete brake system, gas tank, lines ,fuel pump, rebuilt carburetor, 4 new tires, 4 new shocks, rebuilt starter, complete tune up with filters and fluids. new battery, cables, solenoid, rebuilt starter, timing chain, water pump, radiator, hoses Transmission serviced. Original black interior is very nice. power seats, AC with climate control. tilt wheel AM/FM. Body is very straight all panels open and close smoothly, there is some rust as seen in pics. Frame and floors are excellent coated in old under coat. Trunk is full of extra parts. Car runs drives stops and lights work. Engine runs good, Power windows dont work. See pic of invoice for full list of options. Car comes with bill of sale and old reg CT does not issue a title. Will not respond to offers or do you still have it. $4500 firm will not take any less may consider trades
or trade

image.jpeg.cce2249025720350fe2ca8142fe06177.jpegimage.jpeg.5024fa30168630fc2da872cde5179569.jpegimage.jpeg.fee420b3f68519020b6827bf06eb5be0.jpegimage.jpeg.5dc87bb5da38039ef218ec5ae5911c27.jpegimage.jpeg.1d364dacf38d5d58f6a89f333221c51b.jpegimage.jpeg.de846375e19f37feb91bb1b9f47893db.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh lordy that's a lot of northeast rust.😬 At least the Glamour Birds were body on frame.

I really like 67-69 'Birds. Never was a fan of the 70-71 "Bunkie Beak".

I still prefer the Hardtop Coupe and the Landau Sedan over the Landau Coupe and its outsized sailpanels. But, like 69-70 Impala Custom Coupes, there were more Landau Coupes when new and they have a higher survival rate.

Power window failures seem to be a common problem on these. Me Uncle Gene's 68 Landau Sedan was notorious for it. He'd have a new motor put in and sometimes it would get home, other times it wouldn't, before the new motor, a different motor, or all of them would quit again. And natcherly the Bird was out of warranty when all this started.

He often told me he wished I'd been older with a little more car experience when he owned the car. He never owned another power window car.