It's Not Everyday You Get To...

avgwarhawk

Meet the previous owner of your classic car.  I purchased my 54 Buick from a family in Winchester VA 13 years ago.  I kept in contact with the owners daughter via Facebook. It was her father's car.  He had passed away.  Since then the family moved to WV.  This summer I had the opportunity to go to the Charles Town WV car show.  She wanted to see the Buick again and so did her mom who spent many hours with her husband cruising in the Buick. I haven't changed anything on this Buick since purchased. Both were thrilled to see the car after 13 years. Today she shared a picture of all of her dad's cars.  I recall the 53 in the garage when I went to look at the 54.  The 53 was not for sale.  There is Herbie, what they named the 54.  I laughed and said all cars usually have a woman's name.  Irene is her name.  Both were happy to see she was just as there husband/dad left her.  Many more pictures taken. Some reminiscing. 

FB_IMG_1696500721366.jpg

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Both were happy to see she was just as there husband/dad left her.  Many more pictures taken. Some reminiscing. 

You should feel good about that; just as they obviously do.  You have confirmed their decision to entrust the car to you.  A happy ending all around!  ;)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, EmTee said:

You should feel good about that; just as they obviously do.  You have confirmed their decision to entrust the car to you.  A happy ending all around!  ;)

Of the two I have purchased, both previous owners were told I would not change anything.  It was the one reason I was sold the 60 Electra.    

• Like 4