For sale: 1938 Buick radiator

Jennifer byrd

I don't know what it is but it is not an original 1938 Buick Radiator. The shape appears earlier, but the presence of the rubber overflow tube and the outlet for that tube would tend to look like it is a later year. That is an odd one, but I agree wiht EmTee that it is not an original 1938 Buick radiator. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jennifer byrd said:

20231001_183041.jpg.19dd001bd1d8d59df80de095568c14f5.jpg20230924_140013.jpg.a1b899f7153194654c5e15fb180f7f55.jpgMy father was a collector and restored a few older model vehicles. He passed 3 years ago and I am attempting to sell a few things for my mother. There will be others listed soon. Will discuss price.

20231001_182721.jpg

Added more pictures but found no identification other than the volts?

10 hours ago, EmTee said:

That doesn't look like a 1938 Buick radiator.  Looks like it may be earlier than that; not sure if it's Buick.  Are there any part numbers or words (e.g., "Harrison") on the tank?

Added additional pics but the only description was the volts in one pic. Not sure what this could be..

It looks like there is a word stamped in cursive letters into the back side of the top tank between the two top outlets (basically directly above the aftermarket fan on the top tank). What is that word? It might help identify what it might go to. 

That's an aftermarket "Walker" radiator, make in Tennessee. They went out of business  2 or 3 years ago, but were around for many years. That very well could have been in a '38 Buick that may have been modified or hot rodded as evidenced by the electric fan and automatic transmission cooling line fittings in the lower tank and air conditioner condenser in front. Walker would ask "What kind of car, and what kind of engine are you putting in it" and custom build it to fit. High quality Copper / Brass construction . 3 or 4 core, trans cooler, pick your inlet / outlet sizes, whatever you wanted. 

One was in a '38 Chevy Street rod with a small block V8 when I bought it.  I was happy with it.  On my '37 LaSalle (Stock factory drivetrain) I finally got fed up with poor cooling an endless leak repairs so I thought I'd give them a try. They were surprised when I told them the engine was a Flathead Cadillac V8!  My temp gauge very seldom goes much past center, and I can use a coolant recovery tank instead of puking antifreeze all over the ground.   A good product!  Joe G.

Edited by JoeShmoe
added text (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1