63 Riviera door panel install

mrsuggestion

Find Clark’s Corvair’s website and click on the Riviera Interior link.  I found a video while perusing their Riviera catalog. Calvin Clark himself will give you a guided tour of the Riviera facilities and when he talks about door cards and panels, he explains the procedure.

My cars previous owner with the upholsterer managed to lose the door trims. I found a good set on eBay though wasn’t easy to find and then new upholstered door cards from Clark’s. Check in with this forum as guys like Riviera63 have parts cars they may be able to supply what you need.

Matt, 

Yes there is a door panel cap. The interior door panels and rear quarter panels are a 2-part construction. There is a metal cap (stiffener I suppose?) that runs the length of the panel and extends down the inside by maybe 3 or 4 inches. The door card is attached the cap and all the interior accessories are fastened to the card. Same goes for the rear quarters

The on the window side of inside of the caps are where the felt strips are stapled

20230411_153333.jpg

20230411_153501.jpg

these were the ones I found over 12 months ago and he had rear also, depends what vendors call them when you are searching.

With the upholstered door cards from Clarks you need the nail strips to join the two or if you are handy like RivEng you can save some dollars. If you do go Clarks they have button with the matching vinyl and also the windless which fit on the front edges. if you are missing other parts such as rear arm rests can also be tough to find, admittedly I am at some disadvantage down in Australia..

Enjoy the ride..

IMG_5669.png