WTB --- aftermarket oil gauge

Rooster

Hi, Rooster. I can only assume you've made sure the sending unit is good, and is designed to use the same voltage as your car puts out. If you can't come up with a replacement gauge, John Wolf and Sons in Ohio will rebuild this Dolphin oil pressure gauge you already have. Here's a link for them. They do great work. Best of luck. John

https://www.antiqueinstrument.com/

Yes, sender was replaced but ended up being the gauge itself.   Real disappointing seeing it's all in a matched set.  I have had the gauge at an instrument repairer here and his report is that it can't be fixed as is.   Needs a donor gauge of sorts for the mechanism to be changed out.  Even if I can get a black face same style might work he said, but labour costs make it expensive.

IMG_5440.JPG

Edited by Rooster (see edit history)

I'd suggest sending your gauge to John Wolf for a free analysis before you compromise too much. Think of it as a "second opinion". All you'd have involved in the shipping cost both ways. I've never seen much Wolf can't handle. I guess an alternative would be to call Wolf to discuss your situation. Keep us posted! John

Failing that, companies such had SpeedHut (no affiliation just a happy customer) will make custom gauges. Their website allows you to choose the colour, style, size, number font etc. Meaning you might be able to get one that is close to what you have.

Not cheap as they are digital stepper motors but I have put two sets (both oil pressure and water temperature) in two ‘63 Buicks and very pleased how they look and operate.

Good luck with your hunt.

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1