1935 Dodge? Please help ID these headlights.

Gottleib37

Not exactly sure but the 34-35 Dodge and Plymouth headlights look very similar, particularly on the DRXX Dodge.  One major difference on the 34s is that the mounting bolt on the Plymouth is behind the electrical conduit, while on the Dodge the mounting bolt is ahead of the conduit.  If that is true for 35 as well, these might be 35 Plymouth.  Certainly Mopar, need to get a 35 PJ owner to confirm.

1934 Dodge used Tribeam and Flexbeam Lens, the 1935 Dodge used Depress Beam Part number on Lens is H-18406

1935 Plymouth all models used Stablite Part # CB-314U

So I would say it is my guess until he pulls lens off to verify that he is Probably correct as they are 1935 Dodge car Just my opine from my books but also 1935 Desoto SG Airflow used Depress Beam lens # H-14761 and finally to spin it even m ore the 1934-1935 Dodge Pickup Truck used Depress Beam H-14440. So in closing if you really wanna know disassemble the lens look for a number count the notches in the glass degree positions, and measure outside diameter and inside prism if it has a lip

Good Luck

2 hours ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

Did some quick research and both the 35 Dodge and the 35 Plymouth have the headlight mounting bolt to the rear of the conduit.

Hey Scott,  The Plymouth it is not, as they used Stablite not Depress Beam lens

Cheers Good to know that both buckets are to the rear of the conduit

Thank you for all of the replies. I removed the lens from one of the headlights and the number cast into the glass was '14806'. I believe that you had the eight and the four transposed, Thehandleman. I tried to show the number in the lens, but it doesn't show up in the close-up. It turns out that this lens was also used on the 1935 Chrysler Airstream (not Airflow). I don't know if the bucket would be the same though.

IMG_3556.JPG