1997 Riviera. Looking for parts, advice and sources for parts

Rivguy

I just bought a '97 Riviera.  It had less than 82,000 miles on it. It's in good original condition, runs great. The HVAC, right window and CD/ tape player aren't working. Luckily the radio works and sounds pretty good. 

It came with the remote key fob and one ignition key, which didn't fit the door. Luckily, I knew a good local locksmith who could provide a copy of the resistor ignition key. The local Buick/GMC dealer provided me with the key codes. The locksmith cut a door key to code, as well as a duplicate. Now I have two sets of  keys, I was worried that the fob would die, and I wouldn't be able to get into my car.

I had obtained some parts from a donor car in Rancho Cordova when I was in the area after a vacation weekend. I should have taken the window regulator but mistakenly thought that I could easily source a new one on EBay, I haven't found one yet. 

I need the following parts:

right front fender wheel opening trim

right front fender inner liner

right front window regulator

working HVAC control panel

working stock radio/cd/ cassette player

The tires were very old, and I bought a new set of Hankook Kinergy ST tires. These tires look great, ride smooth, and grip well, and don't squeal in hard turns.

I noticed that this forum hasn't had any new posts for many years, hopefully we can resuscitate this site, as it could be a good place for Riv owners to communicate. 

Thanks.

Edited by Rivguy (see edit history)

I don't have parts access. I'm guessing that you might find them from a Buick dealer, since that is the last generation and it's not that old. I'd certainly call your closest Buick dealer. Failing that, OldBuickParts.com, and a few other websites might help. There is also classified ads in both the Buick Bugle and Riview, the club magazines. You didn't mention trying to do a parts correct restoration so aftermarket parts should be relatively easy to obtain, despite the low sales numbers.

I'm following this because I have similar dashboard issues with my 1995.

Edited by MotiveLensPhoto (see edit history)