Unique 1990s Roadmaster wagon pickup

Pete Phillips

I am betting that this was coach built as a funeral flower car as they are generally better finished as this one looks.  I had a cousin in Detroit that worked at a coach works making hearses and they would get the occasional request for a matching flower car. most of them were generally Cadillac's, however when you have a budget owner in a small community the cheaper Chevrolet would suffice.   

Funeral Service & Flower Cars: Photo Archive (Photo Archives) (Paperback) -  Common: 0884441386868: Amazon.com: Books

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BadGoat said:

I am betting that this was coach built as a funeral flower car as they are generally better finished as this one looks.  I had a cousin in Detroit that worked at a coach works making hearses and they would get the occasional request for a matching flower car. most of them were generally Cadillac's, however when you have a budget owner in a small community the cheaper Chevrolet would suffice.   

I doubt that, they went to the expense of converting to a two door body while most of the flower cars left the rear doors in place.